Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Feingold cures ADHD
Created On 12/9/06 10:21 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

liveandlearn
Junior Supporter

12/9/06 10:21 PM

Feingold can make a huge difference to someone suffering from ADHD or other learning/behavior/attention problem. While Feingold does not discourage medication, many children have been able to lower and stop taking medication. While my child was not officially diagnosed with ADHD, our quality of life has improved tremendously once we put him on it. We have noticed improvements in our other children as well since food coloring is not beneficial to anyone's learning/behavior. It is a lot of work and takes commitment. If you are interested you can check it out at www.feingold.org. Feel free to email me at executive.parent@gmail.com.

Bottom

webjunkie
Junior Supporter

9/13/09 1:00 AM

For a percentage of children who are sensitive to certain types offoods or food groups, the Feingold diet can help the childs (or adults) body process the foods better, and aid in the disbursements of nutrients to the brain....

There are children & adults who won't see any marked difference.

Bottom

littleengine
Supporter

10/18/09 2:36 PM

I think that it is definitely worth the time and effort it takes to try out diet/supplements if you can. It is true that everyone reacts differently, and that it is not a substitute for medication, but it is worth trying. I don't know much about diets, but I recently went to see a professional with alot of experience in the field, who prescribes Medication and she told me that nutrition does have an effect on the brain, and that eating more fruits, veggies and whole grains and less sugar, food additives, coloring etc...will be helpful for my whole body.
It also improves a persons self image when they achieve success in something they put effort into (in this case, eating a healthier diet and staying away from junk food) And people with ADHD especially benefit from being successful.

Bottom

webjunkie
Junior Supporter

10/18/09 3:11 PM

Any diet.. if the food groups are right for the body... will produce measurable results....
Dr. Feingold may have done some research which other doctors glossed over... To his credit that he took the initiative..

I think the more important thing to do is look at the nutritional aspects of what his diet does for the body....

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > ADHD > ADHD < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.