Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: helpful one liners
Created On 2/28/08 11:55 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Packeteers
Junior Supporter

2/28/08 11:55 AM

when I find a one line comment particularly inspiring, I write it on a post it note, and stick it around my home or office as a reminder of motivational thoughts. I'll share a few here, and continue to update this thread when any new gems come along. keep in mind these inspire me personally, and may not be helpful to everyone. feel free to add your own brief inspirational phrases, and I'll eventually let you know if I think they were "post it note" worthy

you only finish by getting started

success = ability + tenacity + luck

do now what you'll wish you had

procrastination is often the fear of perfection

Life's about change, so deal with it

we do what we have to do, so
we can do what we want to do.

failure is the opportunity to
begin again more intelligently.

eat & exercise for the body you want,
not the body you have.

Bottom

bubbs96
Supporter

3/13/08 8:35 AM

I'd been meaning to do this myself for some time!! I, too, am a huge fan of motivational quotes....I'm *trying* to recover from an eating disorder, so I have pretty much plastered my office walls, computer screen, etc with affirmations, quotes, etc.....taken from songs, books, emails, even things ppl said on here or other message boards that I found really inspiring....here are some.....

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of.

The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one minute to the next.

Courage doesn't always roar. sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says 'i will try again tomorrow.'

Pain can either be a tombstone or stepping stone in your path to recovery and wholeness.

Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional.

At some point, even reasons are just more excuses.

Pain is temporary, but quitting lasts a lifetime.

If you take your eyes off your goals, all you see are obstacles.

Recovery is a process, not an event.

A jewel is just a rock put under enormous heat and pressure. Extraordinary things are always hiding in places we never think to look.

The greatest obstacle is in believing that that which is broken can be fixed.

G-d at Sinai spoke to people, not rags.

I know there is hope for tomorrow; though we've fallen, we can always rise.

Scales only have the power which we bestow upon them. Imagine if I said, 'my self-worth is determined by the toaster'.

Scales are for fish--it's the size of your heart that matters.

And there came a time when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

Don't hide. You;ll never change if you just run away.

We did what we knew to be right at the time. When we knew better, we did better.

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

When you run from something, it only stays with you longer. When you fight something, it only makes you stronger.

True strength is keeping yourself together when everyone expects you to fall apart.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean that it was ever ok.

It's not 'impossible' it's I'm possible.

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

guess that's it for now.....I have a whole notebook at home, but I'm at work.....

-------------------------
"Recovery is a process, not an event."
Even when it doesn't look like it, I am trying, and I'm doing my best in the moment.

Bottom

molly P.
Supporter

9/23/08 12:27 PM

Thank you for posting these quotes. Some of them are amazing. Just what I needed to hear.

Bottom

LuYitzlach
Supporter

10/18/11 4:21 PM

thumbs up!!
these are gr8!
wenever u get a chance i'd b happy to hear the rest, bubbs (i know its 3 years since the post, but these things dont expire

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Inspiration < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.