Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: my 4yr. old son has cp
Created On 5/11/06 12:05 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

naftalismom
Junior Supporter

5/11/06 12:05 AM

hi, just wanted to speak with anyone else out there with a child with cp. Naftali is an adorable 4 yr old who walks with a walker and attends a mainstream school. he is doing great but we always want him to be doing better. anyone out there with any knew info on therapies that help please let me know thanks.

Bottom

yaelchai
Junior Supporter

5/11/06 10:26 PM

My adorable 4 year old daughter also has cp (spastic diplegia). She had an operation 17 days ago (SDR) to help reduce her spasticity. She also used a walker before surgery. Today she took 10 steps alone using her forearm crutches. She can stand alone, too! I am very excited because the pt and the doctor say she is capable of walking today. She just has to overcome her fear.

I just learned that SDR was an option for Abby. What kind of cp does your son have?
Yael

Bottom

naftalismom
Junior Supporter

11/14/06 10:17 PM

hey, I never even checked if anyone responded, look at that!
I would love to hear more about the sdr surgery you did, where and with whom- St. louis? Dr. Park?
Naftali has spastic diplegia = he's reealllllyyy tight in his legs. we did percutaneous releases with Dr. Nuzzo abt. 1 1/2 years ago we saw results, but now after a growth spurt he is sooooooooo tight again.
how do we get rid of that tone.

what kind of therapy do you do and any other info you have would be great, if you'd like we can talk on the phone,
thank you,
chevi

Bottom

kiddushh
Junior Supporter

3/29/07 8:52 PM

HI,
I just happened to find your post on this website from a year ago...
I have a son who is now 2 and 1/2 with spastic diplegia, and I would love to talk to someone about; what you've tried how he is doing..etc..
Thanks

Bottom

naftalismom
Junior Supporter

4/15/07 10:07 PM

thanks for responding, i dont check this site often, but im happy i did!
Weve done your regular pt and ot. weve always had a pt that incorporates medek. we now go to a therapist in nj once a week. (we live in ny) we've done horseback riding, aqua therapy, and weve met with Ramon once in toronto for a week.
please write back so we can talk! iwould love to discuss it more!
thanks. naftalis mom

Bottom

hb
Supporter

4/16/07 8:36 AM

For your information, Ramone is in the USA now. He's now in Lakewood for a couple of weeks and then will be in Monsey, NY.

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

4/16/07 12:04 PM

who is this Ramon? would he work with other brain injured children who don't have CP?
Can I have a website or contact please? Is he Jewish? Is he an individual using a certain uniquie method? or part of some rehab group?

Please explain

thanks

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

4/16/07 2:59 PM

Ramon is the founder of the medek program. he works with any physically challenged child, no matter what the diagnosis is or isn't. i have personally seen him work wonders. my friends child who has spina bifida, and can't feel his lower part of his legs, was actually walking by himself with no aid up until the age of 8-9. the phone numbers i have for him now that he is here are 732-730-8121 in lakewood, where i am told he should be now. and in june he will be in monsey and the contact number ther is 845-354-4624. hatzlacha raba. feel free to pm me if u need anything else.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

4/16/07 3:01 PM

and to answer the other questions. no he is not jewish, he is cuban. and no he is not part of no rehab group. atlhough he does have some pt's that he taught how to do his program which is individualized per child. so i strongly recommend paying him a visit. i went as far as toronto where he has a student by the name of esther fink who also does excellent work. i was really matzliach, and my money was well spent. for more info try www.cuevasmedek.com it will give u lots of info.

Edited: 4/16/07 at 3:06 PM by momof7

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

5/21/08 8:09 PM

something else to consider is a very good osteopath who is trained in CST and other modalities. check out the cranialacademy website to find s/o near you who is experienced in this area.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Neurology > Cerebal Palsy < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.