Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Mercury
Created On 3/3/05 10:02 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Yaakov
Junior Supporter

3/3/05 10:07 AM

Has anyone looked into mercury chelation for children with Asperger's? My 12 year old son is having a very difficult time in school due to the classic Asperger's symptoms. He is currently being hospitalized due to severe depression and other issues that we believe are caused by his language and social interaction challenges. He is very bright in his areas of special interest, but will not participate or interact in any other social or academic areas.

I have been very suspicious or unproven science, but we are getting desperate for some improvement.

Bottom

meira
Junior Supporter

3/6/05 1:26 PM

Our son is 4 1/2 and we have not tried chelation but our DAN doctor, James Neubrander, 732-985-6600 in Edison, New Jersey does it and could probably give you more info and tell you whether he thinks it could help your child. He is very knowledgeable but it is expensive.

-meira

-------------------------
meira stein

Bottom

leahh
Junior Supporter

3/13/05 4:31 PM

Our son Yedidya (age 10) just did a full work-up at the Pfeiffer Treatment Center in the Chicago area. Their theory ( based on a meta-analysis done on their data-base collected from over 3,000 ASD kids) is that the Metalotheinin system in the body is not working and in short, the body' natural ability to cleanse itself of toxins (not just mercury/ heavy metals) is impaired. Instead on doing heavy metal detox, they try to first turn on the dysfunctional system to have the body do its own detox naturally - which is much more efficient ( if successful) than any artificial detox program. If it isn't enough, they also do the more standard detox. For more info. you can see the full lecture on the topic on-line at www.autismtoday.com or via the Pfeiffer Treatment Center on-line at www.hriptc.org. We are just starting the program they recommended - so I have no results to report yet - but I definitely will report any significant results I get.
Good luck!

-------------------------
Leah Hochbaum

Bottom

Yaakov
Junior Supporter

3/14/05 9:48 AM

Thanks for the information. I will review the website materials. If you learn more, please let us know. Thanks.

Bottom

keepgoing
Junior Supporter

10/29/06 1:16 AM

I am new to this forum, and I came across your post from March, 05. We recently discovered that my 41/2 yr. old autistic son has an elevetad lead level. I am considering testing him for MT protein deficiency and I'm looking for more info. Whatever I read up on it seems to make sense, but I'm looking to contact other parents to find out if the treatment is really effective.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > MR/DD Mental Retardation Developmental Delayed > Autism < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.