Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: anyone out there?
Created On 11/28/05 6:24 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ImaD
Supporter

11/28/05 6:24 PM

looking for a frum family to discuss issues having to do with TS

Bottom

bmr
Supporter

11/28/05 9:59 PM

Perhaps you can try calling Yedei Chesed at 845-825-0887 - perhaps they'd match you up with one of their families who has a child with Tourettes. There certainly are frum families out there dealing with the same issue who I'm sure would be open to talk.

Bottom

ImaD
Supporter

11/30/05 3:09 AM

thanks for the suggestion

Bottom

joyofeema
Junior Supporter

5/8/06 5:12 PM

are there any solutions besides medication? do you think it would interfere with a shidduch?

Bottom

Supporter

5/8/06 6:15 PM

Im wondering what med your family member is on. When our pediatrician said our now 16-yr-old has TS we took him to a psychiatrist for meds. Instead of starting him on meds I opted to give the nutritional approach a fair shot. This when he was about 8-9 yrs old. B"H he's doing very well. He was recently off his supplements for a few weeks and the twitching returned. He will begin his supplements again. I also want to mention that we got him into counseling (play therapy) with a psychologist, as I feel it's important to address the psyche as well as the physiological..........

If you want to know which supplements he takes you can pm me.

Hatzlacha!

Bottom

joyofeema
Junior Supporter

5/9/06 1:05 PM

what's pm? yes, i would be interested to know about the supplements. my child is 23 and otherwise okay, b"H, although i think he puts a lot of pressure on himself in regard to his learning... actually, he's not on any meds-i just had been reading about it. thanks

Bottom

div01
Junior Supporter

5/10/06 12:03 AM

Pm stands for private message. You can do that by clicking on the padlock icon that's on the upper right hand corner of the individual's post. For example, if you'd want to send a pm to 123123 you'd click on the padlock icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of his/her post. How would you know if someone has sent YOU a pm? When you log in you will see "1 new message" right below the Frum Support "logo" that appears on the upper left hand side of the page. Good luck to you!

Edited: 5/10/06 at 12:04 AM by div01

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Neurology > Tourettes Syndrome < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.