Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: CRPS/RSD
Created On 1/19/11 10:42 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

freespirited1
Supporter

1/19/11 10:42 PM

I just when to a rheumatologist today, completely at the end of my rope. I actually broke down last night, hysterically crying, and now I get this.

The rheumatologist thinks I have CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), which is also known as RSD (reflux sympathetic dystrophy). It doesn't fit any of my symptoms, except maybe pain, but even the type of pain I have is different from what seems to be associated with CRPS. And there are sooo many more symptoms than just pain. She didn't seem to want to listen to me because she thinks I'm just denying that I have it. She's a really good doctor, and I really liked her, but CRPS? Come on. She wants me to see a pain psychologist, which I'd be okay with if I actually HAD a pain problem. The good news is she gave me a prescription for naproxen, which I'm hoping will control the pain I do have, along with the discomfort associated with the other symptoms I have.

So my question is, does anyone here have CRPS or know anyone who was diagnosed with it? I'd like to know more about this disease before I get myself all worked up over it.

-------------------------
Smile; it's what your mouth is there for
---
I have the short-term memory of a carrot
---
The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap

Bottom

crmdelacrm
Junior Supporter

1/22/13 9:56 PM

Hi! I just joined "Frum Support" and found your posting. Are you still dealing with RSD?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > RSD (Reflux Sympathetic Dystrophy) > RSD (Reflux Sympathetic Dystrophy) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.