Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Plain old anxiety :(
Created On 10/2/11 3:20 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

depressed
Supporter

10/2/11 3:20 PM

Anyone else have plain old anxiety? I don't know what to do anymore I'm so frustrated. I get naucious and stomach aches and they can be so bad that I want to kill myself. Its a vicious cycle because I get anxiety about what if...i get a stomach ache and its the worst and then I get it...etc. I tried going up on my meds and didn't help-had to go right back down. Any advice?!

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

10/2/11 4:01 PM

don't know if this will be helpful at all, but I'm currently on the self-help track after coming to the realization that no one can really help me the way I could help myself, so I'm devoting time to reading books on the topic, anyway, I found a few good ones, in case you're interested, I think the book "how to stop worrying and start living" by Dale Carnegie could be very helpful for what you mentioned. hope you feel better soon, and know that you're not alone.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

10/3/11 4:35 AM

Here's a quote that may be helpful. It's from a letter that a Rabbi wrote to someone who was very anxious.

...Looking from the inner dimension, you should firmly affix your thought in the simple faith possessed by all Jews who are "believers, the sons of believers," (see Talmud Shabbos 97a) that G-d Who created the world 5712 years ago, creates the world anew each and every moment and conducts it according to His will. He is the ultimate of good and it is the nature of the good to do good. Therefore it is obvious that this also includes your personal matters. G-d is the Master over your life and your personal matters and He will lead you to your desired destination. (The inner desire of every Jew [reflects the Torah and its mitzvos]. Therefore when a person is compelled to say "I desire" with regard to matters obligated by the Torah, he is considered to have willingly consented [Rambam, Hilchos Gerushin 2:20])

May it be G-d's will that He lead you with overtly revealed love, with kindness and with mercy. You should remove from your mind all thoughts of nervousness and the like...

With blessing that soon you will share good tidings concerning all the above.

Bottom

chocnpeanutbutter
Supporter

10/5/11 1:02 PM

My doc gave me lorazepam as kind of a just in case pill for when my anxiety gets really bad - have you tried that?
things to try - yoga (the kosher version) people say it really helps
other relaxation methods.
write down your thoughts to kind of try to untangle what's in there - even if it takes up 5 pages but try to untangle it.
ok, this one i have NO idea if is allowed halachically and if it's something good, but i've heard a lot about hypnosis. Maybe you can check it out.
Also I am looking into brainwave biofeedback and I have a really good feeling about it. Supposed to be great for anxiety and depression.

-------------------------
Don't judge me, and I won't judge you.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

10/5/11 2:09 PM
User is offline View users profile

Ema and I used to use EFT http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php?option=com_subscribe&Itemid=17
It really works and the beginners manual is free.

Kol Tuv.

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

10/5/11 4:30 PM

I also do EFT and in addition to my T, am seeing someone that guides me through it, it's not magic but I find it extremely helpful,
chocnpeanutbutter, that person does hypnosis too, and as far as I know it's perfectly okay halachically.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Panic Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.