Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: newly diagnosed
Created On 6/1/05 11:57 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Ellee
Junior Supporter

6/1/05 11:57 PM

After months of pain I have been diagnosed with RA. I have begun meds and am hoping for the best but I'm having a difficult time digesting the diagnosis. What does it mean for my future. Only a few months ago I prided myself for having the will power to do whatever I needed to. Now I have a hard time opening a can. I would love to hear from anyone else who is battling this condition.
Ellee

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

6/3/05 11:44 AM

Dear Newly Diagnosed,
Depending on many factors, your life can continue quite nicely. I was 11 when I was diagnosed and am now 3
7 and functioning fine, with certaqin modifications. I am not superwoman and cannot do everything (noone is). It is important to learn how to moderate and choose the things that are important to you. I have 4 children. What stage of life are you in?
Miriam

Bottom

debby
Junior Supporter

7/7/07 10:45 PM

I also have rheumatoid athritis and have been diagnosed two years ago. i have had bouts of inflammation that come and go. And I have also had a hard time opening up cans and b ottles of shampoo etc. you need to find a good rheumatologist who will not overmedicate you and keep on top of it. suggest to your doctor using minocin which is an antobiotic (teracycline) that is much better than taking heavy drugs. for bouts of inflammation i use steroids for short periods of time only if there is swelling or water in the joints. I am also interested in looking into alternative methods diet and the like. Becuz it is a systemic disease it really takes your strength but you just have to figure out what works for you. Try the hardest not to take harsh drugs but it is important to keep inflammation down or it will cause damage to the joints.

refuah shelaimah. it definitely has an affect physiologically. because of the pain etc.

debby

Bottom

working mommy
Junior Supporter

6/29/08 2:47 AM

i've been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis with a negative result. all my tests for it came out negative, but the symptoms were there. it started with knee swelling in high school, and now i'm not able to squat at all, and bending my knees all the way always hurts. when i'm having a bad day, i have trouble moving altogether. luckily, i'm taking a medication that's keeping the symptoms in check. when i don't take it one day, i feel it in my knees or other joints. i'm happy to say that it's a life-saver for me, because i can't bare to have those days where i can't get out of bed in the mornings, or when i medicate myself at night so that i can sleep resfully. i've had a lot of resentment, being that i love to do so many activities that i can't anymore, but at least i'm b'h with less pain.

Bottom

ramom83
Junior Supporter

12/9/08 8:48 PM

Dear Ellee, Miriam, Debby and Working Mommy,
Hi, my name is Chavi. I am 25 years old and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis for 2 and a half years - ever since my daughter was born.
I just found this website by accident, and I am so glad to see that there is a place to communicate with other rheumatoid arthritis sufferers.
I just started a support group for women with rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. So far I have been in touch with 3 other women in their 20's and 30's who have RA. We are planning to meet and get together sometime in the next few weeks. Our group is confidential, and on a first name basis. If you are intersted in joining, please call me at 718-395-3557 and leave a message, or e-mail me at ramom83@live.com.
Until a few weeks ago, I did not know that there were others my age, in the frum community, that were going through what I am going through. It was such a relief to speak to the others on the phone.
Stay well,
Chavi - Brooklyn, NY

-------------------------
RA Mom

Bottom

ramom83
Junior Supporter

12/9/08 9:18 PM

Dear Working Mommy,
Join our support group of 4 women with RA. Call 718-395-3557 and leave a message, or e-mail ramom83@live.com.
Kol Tuv,
Chavi - Brooklyn, NY

-------------------------
RA Mom

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Rheumatology > Rheumatoid Arthritis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.