Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: opiates, etc.
Created On 6/8/06 11:17 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

yaldatova613
Supporter

6/8/06 11:17 AM

Hi.
I'm a 19 year old who has been on lots of pain meds for over two years. As anyone on such meds knows, the dose just keeps climbing and climbing.
Recently, I've started feeling like a real drug addict (although my doctor is on top of it and encourages me to take it so that I can function) whenever I take it - every two to three hours.
Anyone else out there that is kind of my age and on this kind of stuff? Anyone else who feels so guilty taking these meds, but at the same time can't stop taking them because the pain is just so severe?

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

6/8/06 4:57 PM

Using pain medications for a chronic illness is tough because as your body gets used to them, you need to increase the dose. This is a cycle that does not end, and the body still is in pain. I, after many years of pain medications, stopped using them with the help of the Mayo's pain rehab program. It is tough to stop them without learning tools to use to help control the pain. I am a prime example of that! B"H Hakadosh Baruch Hu gave me the opportunity to function again!!!
Hatzlocho

Bottom

tooyoungforpain
Junior Supporter

6/16/09 2:45 AM

Wow thanks for the words of encouragement! I am 24 and I have been on narcotics for 6 years!!! I am looking into different pain management techniques & programs. Do you know if there are any frum programs?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Chronic Pain > Chronic Pain < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.