Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Nasality
Created On 5/17/05 12:15 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Gam Zeh Yavor
Junior Supporter

5/17/05 12:15 AM

Does anyone have any ideas for healing nasality due to enviromental and possibly also food allergies?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/18/06 4:46 PM

i think i heard of flushing your nose that it helps. this is a shot in the dark, but it may help (it's designed for stuffy sinuses, but it may help with nasality too, especially if it's from allergies)..you fill a cup with water about an 8th of the way, and put a little salt in it (i'm not sure how much, but not too much). mix it around..and here's the gross part, but i heard it works with allergies and clearing you out..turn your head up and to the side and pour it up your nose (eew, right?) anyway, if you do it right, (it may take a few times to get it down-- in more than just the getting it right aspect-- the actually getting it "down" too, lol) the water will flush your nose out and come out the other nostril. i've heard some people swear by this, it's actually recommended by dr. andrew wile, a homeopathic famous doc. i have a trainer who does this regularly, because she suffers from stuffy sinuses and allergies and asthma, and she says it works for her. warning: it may feel a little wierd at first, especially as the water is going into your nasal cavity from one nostril to the other, and you've gotta be careful, i'm not sure if you will feel a slight burning or not, i imagine you would, but it wouldn't be too bad, so many people have done it and had success. anyway, if you do it often enough, you will get used to it and your allergies will disappear, maybe your nasality too. there's also the possibility of it being your adenoids-- maybe they are inflamed or swolen? talk to your allergist or ent doctor. i'm sure they will help. run this past them and see what they say. also, ask them if they've ever heard of nasal flushing and/or the homeopathic doctor andrew wile, m.d. also, it might be good to read one of his books. i reccommend, "spontaneous heling", by doctor andrew wile m.d. i'm not sure if it mentions nasal flushing in that book, i don't remember. but it's worth a try. hope i could help!

atara

p.s. i had a friend who had nasality due to i think her tonsils being taken out (not allergies), and with time, it got better on its own. you may just have to be patient and have to let it run its course. nasality because of allergies is something else. that, i think you could do a thing or two about. try flonase (i use that for allergies, it works great-- it's a great nasal spray, but you need a prescription..) or be daring and try the nasal flushing. if you work up enough guts, tell me how it worked! i'd love to know what happens and if you get better! remember, it takes time. it will not get better right away. although if you're really lucky, it ma. i heard repeated use is the most effective, but you do feel some relief almost immediately. good luck.

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

bigmouth
Junior Supporter

1/7/09 8:37 AM

They sell something called saline in pharmacys. It is a water already mixed with salt in a nasal spray bottle. It is already prepared for you and it's fairly simple to get up your nose.

Edited: 1/7/09 at 8:40 AM by bigmouth

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

3/3/13 6:31 PM

try neilmed amazing products.
works wonders. stopped snorring

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Allergy & Immunology) > General (Allergy & Immunology) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.