Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Sebborheic dermatitis
Created On 1/22/05 3:55 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ag
Junior Supporter

1/22/05 3:55 PM

My 6 1/2 year old has had sebborheic dermatitis on various parts of his body since he's a baby. Somehow with different creams we've managed to keep it under control. Recently it came out on his scalp and no matter what shampoos and creams I use, nothing seems to help. Anyone have any experience with this?

Bottom

KEEP ON SMILING
Junior Supporter

1/23/05 12:02 AM

My experience with my 20 month old daughter was the following: the dermatologist prescribed 2 shampoos, Capex and Loprox, alternatering, he told us to bathe her no more than 2-3x a week, in lukewarm water for 10 minutes max and we should use a humidifier in her room at night. It cleared up after a few weeks, and is under control.

-------------------------
Smiles Are Free!

Bottom

Bina
Junior Supporter

3/18/07 12:27 PM

I have just found out that I have it, it's very similar to psoriasis, so I always thought I had that, but it turns out it wasn't. (I posted in the psoriasis part of this forum.)

Does anyone in there early 20's have this condition on this forum? How are you coping?

So far salicylic acid helps, on my scalp it's very gooey and messy.
and lactic acid and urea, for my body it's called calmurid here and it stings like crazy for ages but it does get the scaling off in the bath. Only for it to come back straight away. The worst thing is stretching to get something, it kills my under the arms so bad, it's liek my skin is splitting. I wish I didn't have it there, or anywhere for that matter

as well as all the steroids, they all help till my body gets used to them, and then I am back to square one.

Then I have my brother going on and on about shiduchim, he doesn't know how bad it is, and I am not going to tell him. I can't get married, at the moment. Why is life so harsh to me?

Edited: 3/18/07 at 1:01 PM by Bina

Bottom

kivunulo
Supporter

3/18/07 10:19 PM

try a search on google i got alot of sites with help on treating it

Bottom

metoo
Junior Supporter

12/12/10 6:21 PM

So I have heard that applying vinigar may help. Its best to water it down slightly and maybe apply with cotton ball or to spry on head and rub it in. Dont get it in your eyes.....put on before going to bed and shower in the morning.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Dermatology > General (Dermatology) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.