Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Eczema
Created On 12/29/10 6:29 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

freespirited1
Supporter

12/29/10 6:29 PM

Does anyone have it on their scalp?

I've had eczema pretty much for my entire life. I'm used to it. I used to get it on my hands only during the winter, and it was particularly bad between my fingers. Then it got worse and I had it during the summer, too. Then it just disappeared, which was weird. I have it now all over one of my shoulders and up the side of my neck, which I somehow manage to hide with my hair on a good day, and on a bad day just ignore the stares and comments.

I hate my dermatologist, and deemed him useless, anyway, since none of the creams he gives me ever works. When I developed it terribly on my scalp, he prescribed a shampoo, which not only didn't work, but also didn't get my hair clean and dried it out very badly. So I stopped using it and haven't been back to him since. Occasionally (like now), I get it so bad on my scalp that I wake up with my pillow soaked from the clear liquid that it oozes. My scalp bleeds and itches like crazy, and when it gets this bad, nothing helps. I've found that, desite common opinion, if I wash my hair every day then I'm less likely to break out again. Also, I'm allergic to most shampoos, which explains the constant breakouts before I finally found one that worked. But for the moment, none of my knowledge is helping, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, and I've been allergy tested and I do stay away from the foods that I am allergic to, so unless I've developed another allergy, this is not related.

Thanks for your help!

-------------------------
Smile; it's what your mouth is there for
---
I have the short-term memory of a carrot
---
The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Dermatology > General (Dermatology) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.