Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Genetic Translocation Problem
Created On 8/23/07 7:32 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Green
Junior Supporter

8/23/07 7:32 AM

Hi, I am wondering if anyone out there has a translocation problem. My spouse does and we have to do IVF. The specific translocation is 18 to 9 (this means that all the chromosomes are inside the body, but one moves or "translocates" to chromosome 9. This specific translocation has only been found in 800 people in the world. When a baby is born with it, they usually die as an infant.

Also, anyone out there with a translocation problem that has successfully done IVF and had healthy children?

Thanks so much.

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

8/23/07 10:24 AM

Try the discussion groups/forums at www.atime.org

Bottom

SURY
Junior Supporter

9/4/07 12:10 PM

I HAVE A TRANSLOCATION THE DOCTOR SAYS I SHOULD GO THROUGH I V F TO HAVE CHILDREN, BUT RABBI BINYUMEN LANDAU AND RABBI ARON SHMEIL JACOBOWITZ THINK I SHOULDNT. I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO CONSULT THEM FIRST.

Bottom

SURY
Junior Supporter

9/4/07 12:22 PM

PLEASE TELL ME SOME INFORMATION YOU HAVE LEARNED ABOUT TRANSLOCATIONS. ANY AFFECT IT COULD HAVE ON THE PERSON IN THE LONG RUN.

Bottom

Admin
Administrator

9/4/07 12:28 PM

Hi,

Please do not post in all caps. Some people find it hard to read.

Thanks,
Admin

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

9/4/07 9:55 PM

SURY - I sent u a private message. Go to the little padlock in top left corner under frumsupprt symbol... CLICK!
thanks

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Genetics > General (Genetics) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.