Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Neurofibromatosis 1
Created On 1/15/06 11:37 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Happy
Junior Supporter

1/15/06 11:37 AM

Does anyone know about NF 1? Is there any prenatal screening that you know of that is okay by halachic standards?

-------------------------
caryn zabusky

Bottom

talmid
Junior Supporter

5/14/06 9:22 AM

Maybe you could do PGD.

Edited: 6/4/06 at 11:28 PM by talmid

Bottom

BoruchHashem
Junior Supporter

5/17/06 5:24 PM

Is there anything a parent can do to help a child suffering with neurofibromatosis?

Bottom

Jhoey
Junior Supporter

5/17/06 8:37 PM

Is there a frum support group for nf ? Does anyone know of a good doctor in the New York, New Jersey area that deals with nf particularly with neurofibromas internally?
Where cn I get more information about children with nf1?

Edited: 5/18/06 at 6:25 AM by Jhoey

Bottom

BoruchHashem
Junior Supporter

5/21/06 3:48 PM

My grandon, 2 years old has delayed speech which is a complication of NF. Does anyone have ideas how we might be able to help him?

Bottom

Jhoey
Junior Supporter

5/21/06 10:18 PM

There is something called Early Interventions that most states offer for children under 3 who need therapy. a therapist comes to your home and evaluates the child,, if they are elgible they can receive speech therapy with a therapist in their home. They also evaluate the child in other areas if they need physical therapy or occupational therapy if they are delayed in those areas. The younger the child gets help the more success they have. all of these services are usually free of charge. Good luck

Bottom

benjamins
Junior Supporter

11/5/07 2:58 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi all...

i found a website of two israeli guys that provide a service of sending a wish to the western wall in jerusalem.

they charge for this service but they give you a proof of them placing the wish note in the wall (a picture of them in the western wall with your wish and your name on it)

i've used their service and it was fast and i got my proof.

i recommend you to try it or at list take a look.

http://www.holylandwish.com/

SHALOM, Benjamin

-------------------------
-------------

Bottom

shmulik
Junior Supporter

2/19/08 10:42 PM

Question - I know this is an autosominal dominat gene with 50% chance of passing on...
What I want to know is, is it possible for someone to be a carrier of NF1 without actually having the condition?

Bottom

BoruchHashem
Junior Supporter

2/20/08 4:02 AM

I have been told you can be a carrier without having the condition. My doctor told me that he has an elderly man (80) as a patient with this condition. With the right treatment and good patient attitude one can have a good fruitful life

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

2/3/14 10:44 AM

there is a frum support group for MOM's of those with NF.
the email to join is skindparent@gmail.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Genetics > General (Genetics) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.