Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Information about scientifically proven, effective and safe treatment for cancer
Created On 6/8/06 5:03 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

vu
Supporter

6/8/06 5:03 AM

Hydrazine sulfate is an effective cancer treatment, its use can lead to improved condition and recovery. Excerpt from a Congressional Testimony (item number 4, below) will demonstrate the conventional science behind hydrazine sulfate, including four double-blind, placebo-controlled studies conducted in the 1980s by Harbor-UCLA Medical Center that reported increased survival rates for cancer patients using hydrazine sulfate. Dr. Joseph Gold M.D. first proposed using hydrazine sulfate in 1969.

It is also very cheap (costs less then one dollar per day). However proper dosage and avoidance of certain substances are critical. Therefore, I was fortunate to find an oncologist here in New York who has personal experience with hydrazine sulfate.

His name is Lynn H. Ratner, M.D. and he has been practicing, I believe, for 40 years. He began using hydrazine sulfate because of requests from his patients and then himself saw the positive results. (Also, he is Jewish)

Summary of information below.

1) more about Dr. Lynn Ratner
2) letter-statement by Dr. Ratner
3) some more information about hydrazine sulfate
4) Excerpt from Congressional Testimony of Burton Goldberg. Please read to gain some basic understanding of how hydrazine sulfate works. (very important information)

Lynn H. Ratner MD
112 E 83rd St Fl# G,
New York, NY 10028
(212) 396-0400

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( 1 )

Dr. Lynn Ratner, assistant clinical professor of medicine at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and education coordinator for medical oncology at Lenox Hill Hospital (both in New York City) has treated 25 patients with hydrazine sulfate. Dr. Ratner says that the drug has helped all 15 patients who are under his care. As a result, Ratner has called for a new clinical trial, with the exclusion of incompatible substances, including certain foods containing tyrosine, such as aged cheese, dried fruits, cured and fermented foods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( 2 )

Lynn H. Ratner, M.D., is a medical oncologist with a thriving private practice on Manhattan's Upper East Side. He is also assistant clinical professor of medicine at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and education coordinator for medical oncology at Lenox Hill Hospital, both in New York City. Dr. Ratner is a doctor who always puts patients' needs above everything else, and he cultivates an aggressively open mind about the science of medicine. When he made the decision to go on record earlier this year regarding his use of hydrazine sulfate and its positive effect on his patients, his only condition was that he be allowed to review his statement in print for accuracy. Here it is:

"My involvement with this drug came in a circuitous manner. I had been somewhat aware of it over the years. Hydrazine sulfate is a member of the family of drugs known as MAO inhibitors. Dr. Joseph Gold, the developer of this drug, had conducted a clinical trial, and other double-blind trials had been done by major medical institutions, including UCLA's Harbor Hospital, and were reported in the journals we oncologists read.
"However there was a lot of controversy about the drug in the late eighties and early nineties--with the National Cancer Institute, on whom physicians must rely, reporting that the drug was of no value.
"Suddenly in recent months I have been besieged by requests from patients who wanted me to administer it, controversy erupted because NCI permitted patients to consume substances identified by Dr. Gold (and medical texts) as incompatible with hydrazine sulfate.
"On this important issue of incompatibility I think Dr. Gold is right, and the NCI needs to conduct the trials differently. The new clinical trials I am calling for should exclude those substances identified as incompatible. I do not permit my patients who are taking hydrazine sulfate to also drink alcohol, or take the other substances Gold lists as incompatibles, including barbiturates and most tranquilizers. I also tell my patients on hydrazine sulfate that they must not eat raisins, yogurt, certain cheeses, and other foods that contain tyramine, an amino acid that is incompatible with any MAO inhibitor. I don't understand why the NCI would deny that hydrazine sulfate is an MA0 inhibitor.
"So let me summarize: I call for another trial of hydrazine sulfate, and it should be fair and impartial, without the biases that afflicted previous nationwide multi-institution clinical trials run by the NCI. Doctors know it is iconoclastic to embrace a drug which has been dismissed by the NCI, but you can't argue with the kind of success I am seeing in my patients."

( 3 )

"Hydrazine sulfate is a mass-produced substance, a very common chemical manufactured industrially by the carload," Dr. Gold explained. "A researcher could buy a pound jar of hydrazine sulfate for five to eight dollars, and that pound jar will contain anywhere from fifty to a hundred thousand doses."
Toxic side effects are not a roadblock for hydrazine sulfate. Tests by Dr. Gold and independent researchers at the Soviet Union's Petrov Institute in over 173 patients showed that the most frequent side effects, in less than 10 percent of the cases, were nausea and vomiting. As soon as the dosage was lowered, these side effects disappeared. There was no evidence of organ damage or damage to the immunological defense system that usually occurs with conventional chemotherapy. In fact, these studies indicated that hydrazine sulfate improved appetite and increased strength and well-being in the patients. It also decreased, and in some cases eliminated, pain, fever, and hemoptysis (coughing up blood). Most important, it decreased the size of the tumor in 6 percent of the cases studied and stabilized tumors in more than 15 percent of the patients.

( 4 )

In the early 1970s, physician and independent researcher Joseph Gold, M.D., had an idea about a new approach to treating cancer. He realized that most people do not die from the invasiveness of cancer tumors themselves but from the side effects of the cancer process. One of the chief side effects is a wasting process called cachexia: this is extreme weight loss due to the loss of lean tissue and muscle mass.

Cancer cells use sugar (glucose) from the body as fuel and release lactic acid as a waste product. The body detoxifies the lactic acid in the liver and reconverts it into glucose with a huge energy drain on the patient. This new glucose is once again taken up and used as fuel by the cancer cells, and the vicious cycle continues; the body uses up its reserves and healthy tissue turning toxic cancer wastes into new fuel for cancer cells. Dr. Gold came upon a reference to a chemical called hydrazine sulfate, an easily synthesized substance that could block a particular liver enzyme necessary to convert lactic acid into glucose. He reasoned that this could break the cycle and inhibit the growth of cancer tumors while preserving normal tissue. He first proposed using hydrazine sulfate to combat cachexia in 1969.

Preliminary animal studies supported his concept and by 1973 about 1,000 cancer patients were using hydrazine sulfate. The FDA issued a few Investigational New Drug permits and Dr. Gold organized the Syracuse Cancer Research Center to develop the drug and its protocols. In clinical trials in the United States, the compound significantly improved the nutritional status and survival of lung cancer patients. In a study of 740 patients with various types of cancer, 51% of patients reported tumor stabilization or regression. Almost half the patients also reported subjective improvement, notably decreased pain and better appetite. Further, and this is crucial, similar studies were performed in Russia with almost identical results. Dean Burk, M.D., at that time the head of cell chemistry research at NCI, called hydrazine sulfate the "most remarkable anticancer agent I have come across in my 45 years of experience with cancer." Dr. Gold's research revealed two important caveats to the protocol:

1) Dosage amounts were critical: too high a dose would not only be devoid of beneficial effects but could create a toxic environment that would increase mortality.

2) Patients had to absolutely avoid certain other drugs, including alcohol, barbiturates and antidepressants; these negated hydrazine sulfate's action.

Then, in late 1973, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York started clinical trials--but used dosages far higher than what Dr. Gold considered safe or effective. It is no coincidence that Sloan-Kettering is a bastion of the cancer establishment, heavily supported by pharmaceutical companies. It was clear to Dr. Gold that they were setting things up to scuttle his research and, indeed, in these trials hydrazine sulfate not only failed to work properly but produced the predicted negative results. Nevertheless, independent trials still went on, including four double-blind, placebo-controlled studies conducted in the 1980s by Harbor-UCLA Medical Center that reported increased survival rates for cancer patients using hydrazine sulfate. Because of this success, certain officials in the FDA began to look for a pharmaceutical company that would agree to undertake the expensive testing necessary to get the drug approved and so widely available.

Traditional chemotherapy attempts to kill cancer cells with poisons--cytotoxins--which also poison and weaken the entire body. Chemotherapy is expensive: every approved cytotoxin is the patented product of a pharmaceutical company that spent tens or hundreds of millions of dollars developing it and bringing it through the approval process. Hydrazine sulfate, on the other hand, was dirt cheap--treatment cost less than a dollar a day. In proper doses it was without side effects. It represented an entirely new approach to cancer treatment. And it worked. It was, in other words, a huge threat.

(please read the full congressional testimony to learn how the NCI under new directorship sabotaged the trials of hydrazine sulfate and managed to discredit the drug's use in the minds of most of the world's doctors who take the word of the NCI as the last and final word on cancer treatments. http://www.burtongoldberg.com/congress.html )

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Hematology Oncology) > General (Hematology Oncology) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.