Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: The holidays and life stress me out!!!
Created On 3/12/17 11:52 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Teva18
Junior Supporter

3/12/17 11:52 AM

Hi there,
it's been a long time since I last posted here. Anyways I really don't know what to do. I have anxiety with some occasional depression and quite honestly I'm too "poor" to get help. My lack of insurance is keeping me from getting help. Plus it's so hard to keep starting over again to make myself a better person. I see new therapist, and what happens is, I run out of money or I find they aren't really helping me. We are middle class but our insurance has such a high deductible I can't afford to go to anyone I like. Argh. Anyways, these holidays always stress me out. The thought of spending MORE money makes me feel like things will be so out of control. And of course no one likes a party pooper. I have so many expenses related to just staying afloat. My point is, I stressed and procrastinated about doing any Misloach Manot that we didn't do anything this year. I feel SO bad and guilty about it. So my spouse is going to get it done this morning with our child instead of me (I have to work anyways, so I'm out of the way). He says he isn't mad at me, just frustrated. But I know that really means mad at me. I guess what I want to know is, does anyone else get stressed about this? I really don't have anyone to talk to about this - I stress my husband out just by talking about it!! And how do you get quality therapy if you can't afford it? I'm sure I'll feel better about it all once we are stressing about Pesach!
Sigh!!!
Thanks for listening.

Bottom

Teva18
Junior Supporter

3/12/17 11:55 AM

I also have racing thoughts and just the shame and anger I have just overwhelms me. Could be like a panic attack?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

3/14/17 8:44 AM

(((Hugs))) Not an easy situation! Maybe Relief can help you with therapists. Sometimes I also want to give up and feel like, when will I really get better, but this is our life struggle and we have to keep trying.
Purim and Pesach can be very stressful.
Actually, my therapist helped me to cope with them in a more positive way.
Hatzllacha and know you are not alone in this!

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/21/17 4:37 PM

Teva18, how are you doing?

Bottom

Teva18
Junior Supporter

7/21/17 5:33 PM

Hi there Keep Climbing-
Thank you for asking. Very kind of you. I wouldn't say things are great. We've had even more setbacks and stresses that have really tested everyone's nerves. I've contacted a few agencies to inquire about get financial and psychological help. The waiting lists are very long (like several months). I hope there is hope. I wish I knew how to fix everything and wish I didn't feel so isolated. Hard to talk to friends or loved ones about my inner thoughts. Need a professional for that. My depression and anxiety makes it hard to be a productive person.. I pray it will get better soon!!! Thanks again and have a Good Shabbos!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > General (Mental Health) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.