Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: day to day
Created On 1/5/05 5:47 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

BH613
Supporter

1/5/05 5:47 PM

I have been living with arthritis for 25 years, since the age of 11. I would love to hear how each of you get through the day. I do my stretching, strengthening and aerobic exercises 6 days a week. I also do relaxation exercises as well as deep breathing regularly. I practice moderation in my daily routine and find that most days, even if they ar more difficult ones, I can get through fine. What works for you? I stopped all pain meds (had been on tehm for 7 years and was up to a LOT of pain meds) and am feeling much better!!!
I learn Bitachion related materials often and have found much chizuk in many books. One in particular that I read over and over again is

Facing Adversity With Faith
. I hope you are having a good day!

Bottom

GIRL19
Junior Supporter

1/6/05 10:46 AM

HI THERE, IM A GIRL 19 YEARS OLD, IM LIVING WITH PAIN SINCE I WAS 7 YEARS. I TRIED EVERY THING IN THE WORLD, STARTING AT... SURGERY, NATURAL OILS, MEDICATION, VITAMINS, EXERCISE, AND WHAT NOT......
I HAD EVERY MONTH APPT. TO THE DOCTOR, AND EVERY TIME I GOT KNEW KINDS OF MEICATION
I WAS ALWAYS IN PAIN, AT NIGHT, IN THE MORNING, WALKING UP STEPS, ETC...

NOW, IM ON MEDS. AND I FEEL QUITE GOOD, BUT I WOULD WONNA KNOW IF THERE IS A NOTHER THING I CAN DO B SIDES OF TAKING MEDS.?

ANYONE OUT THERE WITH SIMILAR SITUATION?

ALSO I WOULD LOVE TO READ ANY THING ABOUT ARTHRITIS, OR CHIZIK BOOKS.

WHERE CAN I GET THOSE?

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/6/05 6:30 PM

I relate very well. I have tried many things and had so very tough times. I was lucky enough to go the the Mayo clinic's (in Rochester Minnesota) pain rehabilitation clinic for their 3 week program (outpatient Monday thought Friday) and came home a different person!!! I am so much more able to deal with things and my pain in a different way. I would be happy to share this info with you and tell you more about it. You can e-mail me directly or we can converse this way.

Bottom

GIRL19
Junior Supporter

1/7/05 10:23 AM

HELLO BH613, So you're saying that you went to a pain rehabilitation clinic, what is that?

is it such kind of a therapy center? Anyway i would like to share more ....

B WELL!!

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/9/05 10:47 AM

This specific program is meant for anyone who is in chronic pain. This specific program is a 3 week intensive program that is outpatient M-F from 8-4. Many tools are given to each participant. There are two groups. Each group is seperate and it is such that you have physical therapy and occupational therapy along with biofeedback and much education with meds and all other areas. I would be happy to talk with you about it. You can email me directly or we can go through this way.

Bottom

Certain
Junior Supporter

1/10/05 1:35 AM

I was also referred to Mayo but not specifically to their pain management clinic. Can you post about this experience please. I would love to hear because this interests me greatly.

Thanks in advance!

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/10/05 9:42 AM

To be honest, I did not want to go at first. I felt that it would be more of the same old stuff I had been hearing about for many years. However, there were no other options and I was in nned of something. I B"H, with the support of my family, went. It was an intensive, 5 day a week 3 week progra. It lasted from about 8-4 and included many componenets to teh day. There were the groupd dynamics that wre helpful (at least in my group) and the group was forever changing. It is a 3 wek program, but is cyclical. Each day consisted of stretching, strenghtening, and walking. There were also classes on how to best use your body for the given activites that we do on a daily basis. there was biofeedback and relaxation techniques. WE also had nmany sessions on issues dealing with chronic pain. It did not matter that my chronic pain source was not the same as the next, as we sahre issues because of the chronic pain. I cam e away a much stronger person and better able to function. I also am better able to deal with my daily pain and do things in my life that I want to do along with thte things that need to get done. I would be happy to tell you about it further if you are interested.

Bottom

Amalowi
Junior Supporter

1/23/05 12:27 PM

Did your insurance cover the mayo clinic program?

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

1/23/05 10:26 PM

It was fully covered and many insurances, except hmo's do cover it.

Bottom

Been there/Done That
Junior Supporter

4/7/05 10:01 PM

Do you have a link or address to find out further info on that Mayo Pain Clinic?

Do they have housing available or is that extra?

Thanks.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

4/14/05 6:11 PM

I apologize that it took me a few days to respond. I do not know of a specific website that gives info, but you can call the Pain rehab center and they can send you information. They do not supply housing, but there are tons of hotels in the area. Most have special rates for long term. Minneapolis will send food (but I found out about this after) and I cannot recommend it enough!!! It changed my ability to function in my daily life!
Please email me if you have any other questions.
Miriam
:

Bottom

rejuvinate
Junior Supporter

5/19/05 1:31 PM

There is this amazing liver cleanse diet, that helps the body regains it's health in general and reduce the joint pain in particular. if anyone is interested in details, please email me. This wonderful virtually free of cost detox changed my life to the better, and I hope it will help you too.

Bottom

debby
Junior Supporter

7/8/07 8:36 AM

can you please tell me about the detox method .

Bottom

jill sheinberg
Junior Supporter

10/17/07 3:03 PM

Are you interested in attending any free educational sympoisums on arthritis?
We will be hosting 2 upcoming programs, one in Boro Park on 10-31 and the other on 11-8 in Manhattan.

Understanding Back Pain and Arthritis
Date:Wed. 10-31-07
Time: 1:00-2:00
Place: Metro SportsMed Physical Therapy
4911 13th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219

Management of Arthritic Pain
Date:Thursday, Nov. 8
Time: 12-1:00
Place: Metro SportsMed Physical Therapy
380 Second Avenue-Ground Floor (corner East 22)
NY, NY 10010

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in these programs or others like it.

Jill Sheinberg
Marketing Director
Metro SportsMed Physical Therapy
www.metrosportsmed.com

Bottom

ramom83
Junior Supporter

12/9/08 9:04 PM

Hi, my name is Chavi. I am 25 years old and I have rheumatoid arthritis for 2 and half years - ever since my daughter was born.
We just started a support group for women in their 20's and 30's with rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. The group is confidential and we use our first names. We would love to add to our group of 4.
If you are intersted, please call 718-395-3557 and leave a message, or e-mail ramom83@live.com.
Be well,
Chavi - Brooklyn, NY

-------------------------
RA Mom

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Rheumatology > General (Rheumatology) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.