Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: ear infections, strep, bronchitis, asthma, allergies, eczema/acne, and multiple sclerosis
Created On 1/20/05 11:23 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

isle
Junior Supporter

1/20/05 11:23 AM

I would like to paste a whole article which was written in the Hamodia in last November, there was a phone # for contact, anyone interested could contact me: Jay10006@hotmail.com

by: Esther Levy
"The Silent Killer"

What common underlying factor could possibly cause these seemingly unrelated problems; ear infections, strep, bronchitis, asthma, allergies, eczema/acne, and multiple sclerosis?

Ear Infections/Strep/Bronchitis
Chanie, a seventeen-month old, was a steady visitor at the doctor's office. Since three months of age, she was constantly being treated for a variety of infections. The antibiotics helped temporarily but as soon as the prescribed dose was finished, another infection always set in. Out of desperation her mother opted for alternative medicine, namely vitamins. But that didn't stop the infections either. Now Chanie's mother was really worried. Why wasn’t her daughter responding to the high quality vitamins that had helped many others?

Candidiasis
Little Chanie's case is a classical example of candidiasis, which is the presence of candida albicans in the body. Candida is a living yeast organism (or single-celled fungus) - actually a form of parasite - present in the intestinal tract of every human being. In small amounts, this yeast is an integral part of the intestinal ecology and, when kept in balance with other micro-organisms, does no harm.
However, certain factors, especially antibiotics, cause the candida to proliferate. The human body has a natural defense mechanism against this overgrowth: a beneficial bacteria known as flora, found in the intestines.
When an antibiotic is given, it kills off the bad bacteria. But because antibiotics do not know how to differentiate between good and bad bacteria, it also kills some of the good bacteria, or flora, at the same time. (The Yeast Connection, by William J. Crooke, M.D.).
Now that the friendly bacteria that normally control the candida die off, candida gains an upper hand, colonizing in the intestines. This cascades into various immune system dysfunctions.
The villi are thread-like projections that cover the surface of the intestinal lining, and serve as the site for nutrient absorption into the bloodstream. In a case of malabsorption, as in Chanie's situation, the candida, with its glue-like quality, sticks to the villi, thus depriving the system of essential nutrients. (Fibromyalgia is another example of malabsorption)
Under the guidance of a health practitioner, Chanie was put on a full regimen of quality vitamins, yeast killers, and the re-inoculation of good flora. She also had to be restricted from foods that trigger yeast growth, namely sugar and refined carbohydrates.
It wasn't easy; but the end result was a strengthened immune system and a healthy little girl.

Acne
Miriam, at age thirty-four, had been plagued with severe acne for a number of years. She had tried many "detoxing" programs. She was watching her diet, eating organic food, and following the prescribed protocols but nothing helped. She was so uncomfortable with her appearance that she stopped attending simchas because she could not “face” people.
After doing some research, she realized that the only way to clear her skin was to stop the constant production of toxins in her body: +what was causing the production and circulation of all these toxins?

Leaky Gut Syndrome
Candida releases toxins when it proliferates. Normally, the semi-permeable lining of the intestinal tract will prevent contamination of the blood. However, when the roots of candida (known as rhizoids) burrow into the intestinal lining, they leave microscopic holes known as leaky gut. Once these toxins have eroded this membrane, it becomes permeable rather than semi-permeable (the "screen" on your "window" gets holes in it).
Now the toxins, pathogens and food particles, which would normally not be permitted to enter the system, literally leak into the bloodstream. The body will try to rid itself of these toxins via the skin - the second largest elimination organ. Acne, eczema and rashes are the end result.
Finally an approach was found that addressed the issue at its core. By killing the yeast and restoring the integrity of the intestinal lining, the production of toxins in Miriam's system ceased. Baruch Hashem her skin cleared up beautifully.

Eczema
Chaim was afflicted with eczema from the time he was a young child. His mother tried every different cream application that was recommended by doctors and friends. He was even hospitalized and sent home with some antibiotics. Sometimes these “quick fixes” alleviated the perpetual itching and bruised skin, but their effects wore off “quickly”. The chapped, cut, bleeding bruises always resurfaced, each time with a greater vengeance. Relief was desperately sought.
Unable to watch her son's discomfort anymore, Chaim's mother agreed to take the approach of healing the body from within by determining the cause of the eczema. In Chaim's case, in addition to eliminating the yeast overgrowth, his liver had to be detoxified. Now his skin is soft and smooth.

Allergies/Asthma
Twelve year old Moshe was a severely allergic child. For him, merely being in the presence of peanut butter could trigger an asthmatic attack requiring immediate medical attention. Fish caused the same reaction. Eventually his cheder was forced to take these foods off the lunch menu. His mother lived with the constant fear that he would somehow, somewhere, come into contact with one of the many foods he was allergic to. The resulting scenario would be disastrous.
They tried every alternative remedy available to bring an end to Moshe's allergies, including traveling to a different climate, but nothing helped. Then, when Moshe’s mother learned of the following explanation, she was infused with a ray of hope:
When leaky gut occurs, and the toxins, pathogens and food particles leak into the bloodstream the body becomes confused and attacks these unwanted toxins. It develops antibodies to fight them, as if they were foreign substances. These antibodies can get into any tissue and trigger inflammatory reaction when that food is eaten.
According to Zoltan P. Rona, M.D. "If the inflammation occurs in the lungs, asthma is triggered on a delayed basis every time the individual consumes the food that triggered the production of the antibodies in the first place."
Not surprisingly, in a review of Moshe's history, what surfaced was that for two full years the boy had been taking antibiotics for ear infections. Now, things were finally starting to fall into place. Moshe was put on a comprehensive program of healing his digestive tract, thus reversing the allergies. It took lots of determination and perseverance, but it proved to be worthwhile. Today the Cheder has reintroduced peanut butter. With gratitude to Hashem, his mother reported, "Moshe ate split pea soup (formerly one of his greatest allergens), had a cookie with nuts, and finally even was able to taste fish, and nothing happened!

Autoimmune Diseases/ Multiple Sclerosis
As a result of yeast, virus, toxins, and/or vitamin/mineral deficiency, the body can shift out of balance. The outcome is either hypo-immunity - infections such as ear, strep, and bronchitis, or hyper-immunity – where the body produces antibodies which start attacking its own cells. This is known as auto-immune disease.
If the inflammation triggered by the antibodies occurs in a joint, autoimmune arthritis develops. If it occurs in the brain, chronic fatigue syndrome may be the resulting autoimmune problem. If the antibodies end up attacking the lining of the gut itself, the result may be colitis or Crohn's disease.
If the myelin sheath gets attacked, multiple sclerosis is the unfortunate situation.
Aron was nearly twenty-four years old when he developed a limp and started experiencing difficulty in learning, severe fatigue, lack of energy, and loss of muscular control. He was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Needless to say, the prognosis was bleak.
From body-fluids tests, which reveal what is occurring in the body at a cellular level, a high yeast count, a virus, a protein and essential fat deficiency, and the presence of mercury were discovered. To bring Aron's system back into balance, each one of these issues was addressed.
Slowly, with patience and persistence, Aron began to feet better; and regained energy and control of his body. He felt an indescribable sense of well-being. Berachmei Shamayim he had been granted a new lease on life.
Dr. Diane Petoskey, N.D., an expert on candida who has helped scores of patients regain their health, believes that “the reason we have a 400% increase in autoimmune diseases is because of yeast. It weakens the overall immune system."
Mrs. S. noticed a pervasive numbness and was losing her eyesight. The diagnosis was multiple scleroses. She couldn't take care of her family anymore. Her constant prayer was to be able to be a mother to her children. After realizing that the medical field gave her no hope, she began a program of healing that would address the causes of her deterioration, instead of just the symptoms. It was the only way to reverse the MS. (Reversing MS, by Celeste Pepe)
By addressing her specific deficiencies, killing the yeast in her system and avoiding the food allergens that were triggering her symptoms, her health is slowly but surely being restored. Her eyesight is coming back, she's taking care of her family on her own, and now one of her priorities is to guide others back to health. She wants to do for others what was done for her.

Additional Information on Yeast
Yeast can cause more than the obvious gastrointestinal disturbances. It can also cause cerebral allergies - changes in brain chemistry. This can be the cause of headaches, fogginess, loss of clarity in thought, agitation and even ADD.
"Among the mycotoxins produced by candida is acetaldehyde, a poison that is transformed into ethanol and converted by the liver into alcohol. As alcohol builds up in the system, symptoms associated with drunkenness develop. This is how candida can produce “brain fog” symptoms." (Gut Solutions by Brenda Watson, N.D. and Leonard Smith, M.D.)

Why is it so difficult to diagnose Candida?
A person may experience some bloating, gas, or chronic indigestion; she may be feeling weak, have no energy, or suffer headaches. The doctor runs all blood work and the results are good. The doctor says maybe it’s psychological.
When testing people with candida, extreme disturbances of normal endocrine function are noted. This includes the pancreas, thyroid, pituitary, thymus and pineal glands. The adrenal glands are especially affected. (That's why stress is such an issue with candida)
Candida cases show severe abnormalities in glucose metabolism. But when they run a standard hypoglycemia test, the problem won't show up, or if put on a hypoglycemic diet they don't tend to respond. Candida creates a certain glucose metabolism problem that only corrects itself once the yeast has gotten under control.
For seven years Judy was experiencing extreme hypoglycemic symptoms. Upon being tested she was told everything was fine. She knew things weren’t fine. Finally she was tested for yeast. It was found that the yeast in her system had dramatically affected her pancreas function.
Functional hypothyroid or low thyroid conditions, in which the glands work sometimes but not other times, are also seen in candida cases. A standard thyroid test will not reveal this type of dysfunction.

Other Symptoms of Candida
• In children, a white coating on tongue (indicating thrush); colic, bedwetting.
• Sinusitis. (yeast gravitates to warm moist areas such as sinus cavities)
• Infertility
• Sensitivity to fragrances
• Headaches
• Craving for sugar and carbohydrates. (yeast feeds on sugar)
• Fungal infections
• Mood Swings
• Indigestion

After two years of testing 200 brands of products reported to help with yeast, a naturopath doctor has formulated a protocol that uproots the yeast and fungus, restoring health and well-being. With siyatta diShmaya those who have followed her recommendations have seen remarkable results.

This program is about orchestrating a healing process where you provide the body with the essentials necessary to generate the body’s innate ability to heal itself.

Yeast has been termed "The Silent Killer".
Now that the "silence" is broken, its time to eradicate the "killer".

Bottom

SUSAN
Supporter

2/24/05 10:33 AM

Hi
i am very interested in finding out more informaition about this yeast infection.
How can we get tested for it and what is the cure.
My husband suffer from some kind of egzyma also my daughter keeps on getting ear infections and wets her bed. I myself started suffering from some kind of panic attacks wich comes every month like clock work out of the blue. i also get migranes. I am wondering if maybee it is connected to the yeast . also can it be if you live in an old house that needs renovation that means alot of peeling paint and broken floor can that also be a cuse of many medical problems
thanks
susan

-------------------------
smiling wont cost you a penny

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

11/20/05 7:28 PM

i had bronchitis a lot, but it's gone, plus thyroid disturbances. bipolar disorder, mood fluctuations, rash, exema, and itchy skin have also been on my roster of illness from/in the past and now. could yeast be a culprit?

atara

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

unexpected
Junior Supporter

5/1/06 12:48 AM

Originally posted by: SUSAN
Hi
i am very interested in finding out more informaition about this yeast infection.
How can we get tested for it and what is the cure.
My husband suffer from some kind of egzyma also my daughter keeps on getting ear infections and wets her bed. I myself started suffering from some kind of panic attacks wich comes every month like clock work out of the blue. i also get migranes. I am wondering if maybee it is connected to the yeast . also can it be if you live in an old house that needs renovation that means alot of peeling paint and broken floor can that also be a cuse of many medical problems
thanks
susan

Susan, if you live in an old house that has peeling paint, you need to check the house for mold and lead. Both of which, can certainly be the cause of everything you're describing.

If God brought you to it, He'll bring you through it

Bottom

Supporter

5/1/06 1:38 AM

I have suffered from recurrent yeast infections, strep throat, bronchitis, eczema. B"h I have been symptom free for about 5 years now. The culprit can also bee a gluten allergy. Great Smokies Lab does the comprehensive yeast/parasite/bacteria testing. The great thing about this lab is that they test to see what will kill off your particular strain of candida/bacteria/parasite. Then your doc prescribes it for you. If you want the name and no. of the doc who B"H successfully helped me you can private message me. Enterolab does the testing for gluten. Bear in mind that there's a difference, a huge difference, bet. testing through blood and testing through stool. On their website you can get info on this. Just go to www.enterolab.com. Interestingly, one of my children had a bad case of eczema and occasional hives. My doc ordered the parasite/bactereia/candida test and the results were negative. My child had none of these. Having ruled out candida, the doc ordered the gluten sensitivity test. Turns out my child tested positive for that and to dairy. When we began to eliminate gluten and dairy her symptoms cleared up: stomachaches, headaches, achy bones, vomiting, hives, eczema.
When I had myself tested, because I had a severe case of eczema, I had severe overgrowth of candida and parasites. I also had bacterial infection. All three were treated and B"H I've been symptom free for about 5 years now.
It just so happens to be that in the last year or so I've had lots of ear infections and been run down and tired a lot. My doc suspected gluten was the cause of this recurring inflammation. Y'see, my general doctor kept prescribing antibiotics for my inflamed eardrums and I didn't find relief. When I tested for gluten sensitivity I tested positive. Not as highly sensitive as my child, but allergic enough to make me sick through the year. Also, My child tested positive for dairy and I tested negative for dairy sensitivity. We will both be following a gluten free diet to keep symptoms at bay. My doc says to stay off gluten for one year and then slowly reintroduce and see how far we can go. We may have to eliminate it permanently, but we will deal with that later.
Just to clarify, I talked about docs here. I have two docs: one is my local pediatrician for my kids and my gereral practitioner for myself. The other kind of doc, the one who's trained in detecting and treating underlying causes of symptoms, is a kind of holistic doc, but she actually has medical training.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Other > General < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.