Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Difficult Partners and How to Cope
Created On 2/1/09 6:36 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

chel
Junior Supporter

2/1/09 6:36 AM

Well, I guess it takes two to make a marriage and I know I have my share of imperfections and need to learn ways to improve.

I have learned lots of ways to understand better what goes on in my marriage and how to think about and respond better to how my husband acts. But I am still struggling with this. I think my biggest problem is in maintaining equanimity. Sometimes I am just so distressed and this has gone on all my marriage. I have learned that I can't talk to him much and that mostly I can only change myself. But sometimes I feel I just can't cope with how he treats me.

Marital counselling didn't help. It made things worse, actually as he got angry if I said too much. One counsellor said it was as if we had two different marriages. That is correct.

It seems to me I really need to be less affected by how he acts.

Bottom

justso
Supporter

12/8/09 11:20 AM

sorry, but I just saw your post. How are you doing?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Other > General < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.