Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Cough and runny nose all winter long
Created On 12/15/08 8:26 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

vieuwpoint
Junior Supporter

12/15/08 8:26 AM

My 3 year old son has every winter bad coughs and constant runny nose (green colour most of the time). My doctor gives him homeopatic drops which dont seem to help. His teacher has asked me if i have been to the doctor, as cough seems deep. My son is not ill with it (no fever) but can imagine its quite annoying for him. His cough appeared a week after his birth and doctor said "wouldnt worry about it too much!". (different doctor).
What could the reason be for his cough and runny nose during the winter? is it maybe a lack of vitamin C?

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

12/15/08 9:37 AM
User is offline View users profile

Allergies?

Vitamin C could help if its a cold, and if its allergies, it would also boost his immune system. I used to give my kids lots of oranges in winter! Or find another ENT and get another opinion.

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

vieuwpoint
Junior Supporter

12/15/08 5:16 PM

thanks, will try giving him vitamin c, if no improvement will get him checked out as suspect its some type of allergie!

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

12/22/10 1:21 PM
User is offline View users profile

i actually have been having a bad cough and a runny nose all winter long. I learned (I work in a doctor's office so I occasionally get mail from WebMD & my mother is a doctor) that when one does not sleep well they are more prone to get sick....even get a cold. (I have major insomnia- that's why I was reading up on that)

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Otolaryngology - ENT > Ask Dr. Ledereich < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.