Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Agitated family members
Created On 8/18/13 10:33 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

8/18/13 10:33 AM

Edited: 8/18/13 at 6:25 PM by Mimi1022

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

8/18/13 10:39 AM

Honestly, I don't know if it is a possiblity for you but i found that the best solution was to move out. Verbal, emotional and physical abuse is not something that anyone deserves to go through, and form your description it sounds like your mother won't respond too well to you setting bounderies.

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

8/18/13 11:31 AM

Edited: 8/18/13 at 6:25 PM by Mimi1022

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

8/18/13 4:34 PM

Do you earn enough money to pay rent on a studio apartment?

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

8/18/13 4:51 PM

Possibly for a short period of time, but it is not possible to find a studio for tomorrow or even next week. finding an apartment is usually easier said than done and usually takes time. In the meantime my physical safety is at risk...

I wish that someone would help me.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

8/18/13 5:32 PM

I don't know what area you live in, but if you go on luach.com, there are many advertisements for all kinds of housing, often available immediately. If you are truly in danger, you may need to find other resources ie. calling relief or other organizations and asking for help with your situation (not the financial aspect- the emotional one. Or if they know of any shelters for people who are in danger from family members etc. Or you may need to call the police in an emergency, chas v'shalom.
Keep safe.

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

8/18/13 6:22 PM

Thank you so much for your help.

I traveled 2 hours today to a shelter: only to be told no cell phones were allowed. I had my cell phone with me and did not want to just throw it out as it is a safety net, so I had to leave. I don't know is less bad: sleeping on my own bed at home with my violent mother, or sleeping in a shelter with mainly drug addicts and the like who at the least do not look friendly and at the most, the security guard said, become violent themselves towards others in the shelter. There is such a thing as free mental health clinics but they are hard to get into. They have domestic violence suport groups but I am not eligible for any of them because it had to be my husband/boyfriend. I have tried many routes. Feeling stuck

Edited: 8/18/13 at 6:24 PM by Mimi1022

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

8/19/13 7:41 AM

Hi Mimi,

I don't know how old you are - but there is a group in Monsey that does family crisis intervention that might be able to help. I know they help older teens and sometimes young adults.... they might at least be able to give you a referral that could help...

The link to their webpage is http://www.areivim.com/ it has contact information for you.

Take care of yourself.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.