Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Entering shiduchim
Created On 9/12/12 10:20 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mentch
Supporter

9/12/12 10:20 AM
User is offline View users profile

Dear Dr Lynn
I've had some episodes where I was labeled psychotic or Schizophrenic
but does little to impact my daily life I am on a low doze of medication 20 mg Latuda
I have joined a soccer team at my school and attend daily lessons at the YMCA I swim and attend school part time
I am also on a special diet and take supplements vitamin c 2000 mg which helps me alot with mental health
Currently I don't feel sick at all but feel like my regular self. I stopped experiencing side affects of my medication after I went on Niacin regiment
I am not sure what I should tell the shadchan when he or she asks me what my diagnoses is
I feel that Schizophrenia is very general diagnoses and might mislead about the severity of my case
Both my Rov and my parents advised not to mention this specific diagnoses in shiduch
Please feel free to email me at bendain@verizon.net

-------------------------
Mentch

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

9/19/12 5:40 PM

ben,
tough call. how does the shadchan know anything? I would be concerned that calling yourself schizophrenic will severely (unnecessarily) impact which people you are read. I would go with your Rov and parents on this one.
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Ask Dr. Lynn < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.