Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Helping our children to cope with their pain
Created On 3/19/07 9:56 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

chellismom1
Junior Supporter

3/19/07 9:56 AM

Hi. I'm in the process of getting divorced and I have a 4 year old girl. She is quite obviously experiencing a lot of emotions about this, especially at family simchas, shabbos and yom tov. I have a book that helps parent understand and help their children, Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way by Gary Neuman. I am looking for someone who has a preschooler who is or has gone through this and would like to learn this book and its methods with me on a consistent basis. I need guidance, advice and support to be the best mother I can be for my sweet child who's in pain.
chellismom1@yahoo.com

Bottom

chellismom1
Junior Supporter

4/11/07 9:20 PM

Hi. It's chellismom1 again. In case anyone ever views this post, I am still interested in finding someone who has been there and done that in the area of helping their child through this hard time.
Thanks,
Chellismom1

Bottom

qwerty
Supporter

4/12/07 1:06 AM

Have you considered getting some 'play therapy' for your child? Then you could also consult with your child's therapist when you need parent guidance.

Bottom

Supporter

4/12/07 6:03 PM

Hi,

When I divorced five years ago, my youngest daughter was 11. It was hell! She was in terrible pain and very angry and acting out.

I needed every resource I could get hold of to help her (and me) stabilize--A good child psychiatrist, very understanding teachers and faculty, guidance for me and support from friends was crucial and helpful.

If it is at all possible for her to have contact with her father, his family, extended family on both sides its helpful--that's if there are well-meaning adults able to provide the love and time for her.

It's also important for you to be stable, firm, compassionate and authoritative.

Much Hatzlocho.

Bottom

Aila
Junior Supporter

4/13/07 4:12 PM

Hi! I went through my divorce three years ago and things are still very difficult. I have five children and will only be dealing with pre-school this coming year. I do have the same book by Gary Neuman, but feel it a bit daunting to go through it on my own. I would be glad to read it through together.

Bottom

chellismom1
Junior Supporter

4/15/07 5:10 AM

Thank you. I appreciate your responses. I was begining to think that no one sees my posts!

Aila, if you're interested in doing the book together, please contact me via email. I don't know how else to get this started.

chellismom1@yahoo.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Private Groups > M.A.R.CH -- Mothers Alone Raising Children < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.