Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: parental alienation legal advice
Created On 2/16/08 11:07 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

leahthurm
Junior Supporter

2/16/08 11:07 PM

I have my Get and Divorce for 4 years. My ex has custody of the children and has alienated them from me. I recently went back to court to try to get the agreement I signed thrown out so that I can get custody of the 2 children who are still home ages 12 and 13. I had to dismiss my attorney and have been wondering if the whole effort will achieve anything meaningful. I need a new honest attorney who can advise me whether to continue the case or drop it. I'd also like to hear from anyone who has any experiences -- positive or negative -- in fighting parental alienation. I need emotional support too.

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

2/16/08 11:25 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hugs to you. What grounds did you lose custody? Has that situation changed? Are you not permitted any contact with the children at all? I think if you can't get past this, you should spend time writing letters to yoru children and save them so that one day when they come and look for you, or when you CAN make contact with them, they can see that you never forgot them and never stopped loving them. It will be helpful for you and for them, until such time as you can see them again.

How old are the older ones? Have you tried contact them if they're over "legal" age?

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

Aila
Junior Supporter

9/5/08 4:30 PM

Hi!

Sorry for taking so long to reply (6 months!!!)

I used to log on but seeing no activity time after time, i gave up.

I really hope that you have a better experience than I did.

My ex managed to take my kids away from me. He had tremendous legal, monetary and communityy resources while i had nothing.

i am very reluctant to go thru the legal channels unless it is of dire importance.

I see my kids pretty often, they're doing well, so i'm reluctant to shake the boat. Yes, they are definitely the victims of parental alienation, but there's not much to be done, dealing with the forces that are.

i hope this doesn't discourage you, because every situation is of course different. I would love to keep in touch, if it is at all beneficial to you.

Good luck!!!

Bottom

Supporter

9/12/08 1:23 PM

Dire importance??? If this is not of dire importance, a mother's love and desire to raise her children, then what is???

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Private Groups > M.A.R.CH -- Mothers Alone Raising Children < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.