Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: are there any older single moms out there?
Created On 7/2/06 2:49 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Ellee
Junior Supporter

7/2/06 2:49 PM

I'm a single mother ... 50 ish ... looking for supportive friendship
child's in camp. It's lonely

Bottom

div01
Junior Supporter

7/9/06 4:35 PM

Dear Elle,

Yes, there are lots of us out there. For whatever reason, seems this forum hasn't kicked off quite successfully. I'll consider your post a whistle-blow to all the others. YooHoooooo! Come on over!

Let's see what happens. It would be nice if we could get together here, exchange ideas, thoughts, and support each others thus.

I'm not near 50, closer to 30, but sending you a hug nevertheless!

Look out for my pm.

All the best!

Bottom

Rivkasmom
Junior Supporter

12/4/06 5:09 AM

Hi, I'm 41 and I'm a single mother of a very energetic 3 year old girl. :-)

Do you have a LiveJournal account? You can find me there under username HannahSarah (one word).

Bottom

Ellee
Junior Supporter

2/10/07 10:27 PM

What is a Live Journal Account?

Bottom

Aila
Junior Supporter

4/13/07 4:22 PM

I'm a single mother that just accessed this site for the first time. My children are with my ex at this point for various reasons, so I'm quite a bit lonely too. Please e-mail me if you would like to connect at: aila@thejnet.ca

Looking forward,

Aila

Bottom

Ellee
Junior Supporter

4/29/07 9:28 PM

With your kids away I can imagine that you must feel really alone.
How long have you beed divorced. How come the kids are with their dad?

Bottom

Aila
Junior Supporter

5/30/07 8:40 PM

Sorry, for not responding until now. I find this forum sluggish, so I forget to check if there are any responses. The reason my ex got the kids is really long and extensive. Suffice it to say that he had the courts and rabbis around his little finger. Thank G-d that I have kept up my faith, because it has been hard going. What about you? What do you find are the biggest challenges with bringing up kids singlehandedly?

Bottom

gitty
Junior Supporter

7/24/07 1:56 PM

I recently got divorced and my life is caving in on me I can't find a job I need money I need support and emotional help for my three girls they are really miserable
Gitty

Bottom

Supporter

8/21/07 12:27 PM

The biggest challenge I find in bringing up kids (almost) singlehandedly is keeping a happy atmosphere in the home especially around shabbos and yom tov time.

Some ideas that help: turn on the music!

download jokes from Jewlarious at aish.com.

Have good food and good reading material around.

Keep up with friends who are sympathetic but have confidense in you.

Take meds. if you need to.

Make use of any relative that reaches out--go for a shabbos meal, share their simchos, etc.

Keep up your faith, hard as it may seem, and angry as you may get at HaShem for the difficult matzav we are in. Your children need to remember, as do we, that we have a Father who will never abandon us.

Find someone less fortunate than you and help in small ways (not in ways that will further compromise your time and energy--leaving you depleted) so that you and your children know that you are fortunate in certain ways that others may not be.

Don't give up. Your children need you to model hope.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Private Groups > M.A.R.CH -- Mothers Alone Raising Children < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.