Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Toilet Training
Created On 9/25/05 10:31 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

downsyndrome
Supporter

9/25/05 10:31 PM
User is offline View users profile

Any tips for a toddler who has become too smart, too lazy and too comfortable in her current pamper-status? She is 2.5 years old, has been hospitalized frequently recently, thus preventing potty training, and is by now too happy to want to work on change. It is, however, preventing her from going to pre-school, where I registered her already, because she is not trained. She is desperate for children's company and school would do a world of good for her. Any good ideas on how to do this quickly, painlessly and efficiently?
Sarah S.

Bottom

debbie
Supporter

10/23/05 3:55 PM

this might not be a very clean idea but what about taking away the diaper and letting her have some accidents. That usually speeds up the process.
good luck

-------------------------
debbie

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

10/24/05 1:33 AM

Why? Do kids really feel badly when they mess up the floor?
Sarah

Bottom

debbie
Supporter

10/24/05 7:54 AM

if you make them feel not good about it they might want to go to the toilet. But dont make it into a disaster if she makes on the floor, just tell her it is not right. Also by my daughter a star chart worked, every time she went to the toilet we gave her a big star on her chart which was hanging on the door.

debbie

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

10/27/05 10:41 PM

Thanks Debbie. I will certainly try. We have gone a step ahead of sticker stars; we promise (and deliver when deserved!) chocolate!!! I can't believe my daughter is a real woman when she makes into her pamper and forgoes the chocolate - I mean, c'mon, how can anybody not put in a little more effort for CHOCOLATE!!!

Bottom

debbie
Supporter

10/29/05 5:01 PM

unbelievable that she will forego the chocolat. My experience was though that if you make something long term like a chart on the wall, which is seen every day, worked better. good luck anyway. now I have a problem that my daughter started wetting again at night after being clean for about a month. I will see what to do about that
anyone have good advice

debbie

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

10/31/05 7:18 PM

Mazel Tov!!! A woman is a woman -- the chocolate prevailed!! Boruch Hashem, Chana bas Sarah Mirel is 98% potty trained, by day and night!!! Chassadim Tovim!!! May we always share good news on this forum.
Sarah S.

Bottom

debbie
Supporter

11/2/05 7:31 AM

mazal tov, may you only go from good to better. 98 -100 percent
bye

debbie

Bottom

coolme56
Junior Supporter

5/30/06 6:21 PM

My son is 3 (a twin to a girl) and also not toilet trained. He makes #1 on the toilet but #2 hasnt come. I'm waiting and waiting. He makes in his pullup whenever he goes in for a nap. Any advice-we tried choc chips and stars.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Pediatrics > Toilet Training < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.