Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Training a 3-year old
Created On 6/7/09 10:06 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cabin fever
Junior Supporter

6/7/09 10:06 PM

My daughter is already 3, and not trained in the least. We started at least half a year ago, but we didn't make much progress, and I had a baby in between...
I'm clueless about how to train her. I'm not very persistent about it, either. She seems like she's not interested - she likes diapers just fine.

Bottom

personn
Supporter

3/14/10 4:35 AM

imda1best@gmail.com message me

-------------------------
heyyyy

Bottom

fs.dancingqueen
Junior Supporter

6/2/10 1:06 AM

I think you answered your own question in your posting. You state that:
A) You had a baby in between - This often can cause regression in toddlers' toilet training. You are not alone!
B) You are clueless as to how to go about it - become educated! There is the 3 day system, the naked system, The Toilet Training in Less Than a Day book and more.
C) You say that you are not very persistent about it. Kids are smart and they pick up on these things. If you show her you mean business and just do it, she may just start getting trained. If she senses that she can go back to her diaper anytime, she will. You are the mother - set an example!

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

6/2/10 2:11 AM

i would add that 1. bribery -both long and short term- can and should be used in such a case 2. if they play with other kids their age who are toilet trained, peer pressure can be used to motivate them. 3.sometimes they're just not ready yet!! if you see them resisting it, holding it in etc, then you have to back off and wait until they're ready. otherwise your attempts can backfire. they'll train well when they're ready. as the saying goes- no one walks down the chupa in diapers..

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

7/4/10 12:13 AM

When you decide you're ready, you'll start. Just think of the price of diapers. Also, at a certain point if you want to send her to playgroup they won't accept her if she isn't toilet trained.
There are great children's books you can read her about potty training. You can put her on the toilet/potty while preparing her to take a bath. If she agrees to sit on it without a diaper, read her stories until she "produces" and then cheer like mad. The main thing is taking off those diapers,( you can put a long t-shirt on her), and devote 2 or 3 days to it-staying home and close to the potty, rewarding for successes, ignoring failures, putting on diapers only for sleeping, until she gets the hang of it.With older kids sometimes they catch on very quick once you put your mind to it.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Toilet Training > Toilet Training < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.