Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Daughter in my bed
Created On 12/25/06 8:20 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MorahRachel
Junior Supporter

12/25/06 8:20 PM

My five year old daughter constantly leaves her bed in the middle of the night and joins me in my bed. We have tried EVERYTHING (rewards, positive reinforcement, behavior chart, "deals", etc) The main problem (according to her) is that her bed is on the main level of the house while my hisband and I and our son sleep upstairs. We have made her a beautiful, girly room that she loves- th eonly thing is that she keeps coming into our room at night. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can get her to stay in her own room ALL night?

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

12/25/06 10:41 PM

How about doing the reverse.... and when she wants to be together with someone... YOU go down and sleep in HER room for a while! It kind of gets the message across that this is Mommy's room ONLY... and yet you're still showing her the extra love that she needs! Then once she falls asleep, you can sneak back upstairs again!

I'm sure doing this would definately be very hard on your part... but its certainly worth a try!

What about her sleeping with a little light on? - Perhaps she's scared.

Bottom

MorahRachel
Junior Supporter

12/28/06 9:29 PM

The thing is that she comes into my bed VERY quietly. I dont even know she is there! Also, there is more room in my bed then in hers!

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

12/31/06 12:06 AM

How about locking your door? If there is an emergency, she will knock loud enough to wake you up and if not, she can't sneak in. Sometimes you have to endure some crying but at age 5, if the coming into bed bothers you, you can make limits.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

12/31/06 8:05 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'm surprised that nobody here is thinking the same thing I am. At age five it must be absolutely terrifying to sleep alone on an entire floor in the house! Even though she loves her girly room, don't you think it is kind of overwhelming to be the only person on an entire floor while the rest of the family is sleeping one flight up? I think you should address that issue.

Edited: 12/31/06 at 8:08 PM by downsyndrome

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

12/31/06 8:25 PM
User is offline View users profile

I did think of that. Maybe having a monitor in her room where she can call you if she needs reassurance.

I am so grateful that we have a single story house for that reason.

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General (Pediatrics) > General (Pediatrics) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.