Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Consentration problem
Created On 1/20/09 5:27 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MrsS
Junior Supporter

1/20/09 5:27 AM

My son is 6 years old and has consentration problem.Is there something I can help him with at home.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/20/09 7:17 PM

Have you consulted experts?

Bottom

MrsS
Junior Supporter

1/21/09 3:46 AM

No,I first want to try to help him on my own.

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

1/21/09 9:06 AM
User is offline View users profile

Get some books, do research on the internet. It is important to find out WHY he's not concentrating, i.e. what is it that distracts him. I read an excellent book (or two) by Dr Mel Levine, called "A Mind at a Time" where he talks about how children learn different. He has another one called "The Myth of Laziness" where he says children do NOT want to be lazy, if they appear so, there's a reason for it.

He also has a website www.allkindsofminds.org I found him to be extremely helpful and knowledgeable. You'll be able to find the books at your library, or even used on amazon.com or half.com

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

2/15/09 8:08 PM

First get his vision and hearing tested, then test his reading, talk to his teachers, speak to a school counselor if they have one, look what's going on in your family. If everything is fine, go to your local health food store and ask them what to get. They have essential acids (I think it's called) that can help.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

Supporter

2/16/09 6:36 PM

Essential fatty acids (Omega 3) can help.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Child Behavioral Issues < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.