Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Expressing emotions
Created On 5/11/16 12:55 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

5/11/16 12:55 PM

wow i just found this website. It's absolutely awesome.
Dr. price i saw an answer you wrote to somebody that he/she finds it difficult to express love due to the fact that she was abused as a child. This got me thinking, i had a wonderful upbringing but i find it very hard to express love (younger kids i'm fine, it's anyone above the age of 5-6) It's been bothering me alot. I usually express my love indirectly but i'll never be able to say it or physically show it.
I was wondering if this is something i need to work on behavioraly, like force myself to say 'i love you' as well force myself to show physical love or is there some kind of emotional blockage? (i also HATE when others show me love so perhaps is related)

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

5/11/16 1:03 PM

Best to discuss in therapy to uncover if/where there may be blockage. Some people also have sensory issues around space and closeness. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

5/11/16 1:11 PM

I'm currently not in therapy since i guess it hasn't bothered me enough and i've been great at feigning it throughout. I don't have any sensory issues but perhaps it's related to the fact that i was brought up like this. Although it never bothered me. I'm wondering if this is something i just have to force myself to do( i dislike doing it since i know that i wouldn't have accepted it so i expect others to dislike it to) is this something that would require therapy?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

5/11/16 1:13 PM

Could try first on your own and seek out a therapist if you get stuck. Let me know how you make out.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

5/11/16 1:20 PM

try what? just forcing myself to do it and sincerely believe that people don't reject it the way i would?

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

5/11/16 1:30 PM

Yes. Can try small steps on your own first.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

Shacharit
Junior Supporter

5/11/16 1:34 PM

just to be sure, when is it at a level that it requires professional help? I wouldn't want my husband and kids to need professional help later in life because of this.

Bottom

Dr. Price MD
Psychiatrist

5/11/16 1:43 PM

If you cannot progress on your own.

Rabbi Price, M.D.
www.RabbiMD.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Ask the Psychiatrist < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.