Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Sadness
Created On 8/22/13 5:05 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

8/22/13 5:05 PM

I've been working a bit with my therapist on connecting with the little girl inside me who didn't get what she needed... Yesterday I was feeling lonely and I realized I wanted to talk to my mother... and when I called, she talked to me about everyone else and didn't ask about me... I felt really sad. I feel sad. I feel for that little girl whose mother didn't want to hear her - her fears, her worries, her loneliness, her social problems, her school problems, her anxiety and pain and even her triumphs and successes and happiness.
It hurts.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

8/25/13 3:20 PM

Just saw this.
Oy that's so sad. I'm so sorry

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

8/25/13 5:20 PM
User is offline View users profile

I feel sad for the little girl as well...
Hang in there, k?
((((HUGS))))))

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

9/1/13 6:06 AM

I went to see my mother yesterday. I am pretty much estranged from her lately. I went as a good deed before Rosh Hashana.
The pain that arises is so hard to handle. The little girl inside me is crying so bitterly.
Nonody ever saw me or needed me.
And I swallowed everything all my life.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

9/1/13 9:54 AM

Oy!!!!
I relate all too well!!!
I am always told not to bury the feelings but to try to give myself what I wasn't given.

Just from your posts on FrumSupport it is evident to me that you are a kind caring and wise person. You are precious!!!

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

9/1/13 12:03 PM

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
I am with you.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

9/3/13 1:06 AM

(((Hugs))), Keep Climbing! That's really hard!

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

9/9/13 3:13 PM

Thank you so much for sharing. Holidays bring up so much "stuff"...childhood memories, parental expectations, feelings towards Hashem. Keep posting and sharing.

Trying- YOU ARE ENOUGH!

A lynn

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

9/15/13 4:01 PM

I can very much relate to that little girl story - im so sorry we didnt get what we so badly needed as kids and are suffering feim it till today. May Hashem heal your broken heart as well as everyone else in pain Umacha Hashem dima meal kol panim...one day it will happen...

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

9/15/13 10:13 PM

Dr. Lynn-
Thanks for your support.
What do you mean by "you are enough"?

Edited: 9/15/13 at 10:14 PM by I'mTrying

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

10/3/13 3:35 PM

Trying,
When I read your post, I envisioned a girl innocently looking for love, attention and validation. When the parent is unable/unwilling to give, usually the child blames him/herself, and they feel unworthy of love. The internal monologue goes something like: "If my own mother doesn't love me..."

Perhaps I was taking too much liberty, but what I meant is to reassure you. Much of therapy is about having "corrective emotional experiences". Was I in the ballpark or off base?
a lynn

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

10/3/13 10:20 PM

Dr. Lynn,
I'm still not sure what you mean. I think the semantics are throwing me off.
I agree with you about the source of the pain and the self-blame.
I am working on recognizing that the pain exists, letting myself feel the hurt and then giving myself the validation that I needed/ need.
Is that what you meant? That my own validation is enough?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Therapy < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.