Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: does it ever go away???
Created On 6/23/13 10:47 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

fattygolucky
Supporter

6/23/13 10:47 PM
User is offline View users profile

sorry if this has been put up elsewhere...
b"H with a lot A LOT A LOT of siyatta dishmaya i haven't cut in the past 8 months, after having done it for 3 years.
(complete side point-i never told my parents, is it recommended that i should? i did stop on my own...wtvr.)
anyways, while in a way its gotten easier, as in i don't have urges every day anymore, on the other hand, it has gotten much much much harder cuz when i do get the urge to do it, it's so so so much harder, and such gehennom not to, and yeah. so, does it ever go away forever?!
thanks

-------------------------
ki ayshayv ba'choshech, Hashem ohr li

...somedays i'm still fighting to walk towards the light

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/23/13 11:41 PM

no one can know that cuz no one has done forever. i can tell you that they do go away after a while, and your right the urges are worse, but ive found it is ok because i know i can overcome the urges, becuase i did before and i know once i start its so much harder to stop
first of all, how old are you? cuz a 15 year old or a 35 yearold teling their parents is two different things. not that im the expert in being a good daughter.....

Bottom

fattygolucky
Supporter

6/24/13 2:17 AM

i'm the ripe old age of 19

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/24/13 9:46 AM

ooh, cant help you there then. Im also 19 so Im in the same situation as you. I dont tell, but that soesnt mean its the right thing to do...

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/25/13 8:20 PM

I think it can go away, but can also resurface during stressful times for some people. A year ago I was doing it on a daily basis, but now I don't have any urges at all b"H.

Bottom

fattygolucky
Supporter

6/27/13 11:37 PM

thanks!
hatzlacha!

Bottom

fattygolucky
Supporter

8/12/13 3:33 AM

random vent, my apologies... made it to over 9 months and slipped. but not really on purpose. i didn't want to draw blood, just scratch hard. but then i guess it went more than i thought. and now ijust wanna take something and carve myself up and just yeah. but i've still kept count cuz id idn't do it and my friend knows about my count and holds me accountable. i can't tell her i messed up. and i didn't wanna mess up. i wanna be cut free, i just wanna be cut free and be able to cut. does that make any sense??? i hate this. sometimes i wonder what the point is. until i do it. then it gets that much clearer... so why is it such a fight?! i thought it would get easier, but it's only getting harder. the more i don't do it, the more i wnat it. and i know giving in isn't gonna be a one time thing. it's just a matter fo time til i do it again. stupid failure. wtvr. sorry about this.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Self Injury < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.