Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: List of Shadchanim that deal with medical issues..
Created On 2/5/07 9:58 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

CAP
Supporter

2/5/07 9:58 PM

Mrs. Waldman tel (845) 425 - 3548 in monsey

Mrs Raisy Friedlander in Lakewood 732-364-7523

Please add to this list & make it available for all...

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

2/13/07 11:57 AM

Here's another one;

Mrs Linda Markowitz from Bikur CHolim Ave I in Flatbush

update 12/15/15 Mrs Markowitz has moved to Florida. i don't have her new number

Doesn't anyone else have anyone else??

Edited: 12/15/15 at 9:17 PM by CAP

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

2/16/07 2:49 PM

Fraidy Beiser 718-578-4522 deals primarily with FERTILITY issues... but may be good for other things also.

BEWARE - her number is in ISRAEL...so be careful to call on 'eretz yisrael' time zone!

Bottom

Admin
Administrator

2/20/07 5:52 PM

The Kesher Connection

718-576-1094

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

2/21/07 8:23 AM

are Kesher specifically for medical issues? or general shidduchim?
thanks

Bottom

Admin
Administrator

2/21/07 10:18 AM

Both! They have a huge database with thousands of potentials and many shadchanim working in their offices.

Bottom

shmulik
Junior Supporter

3/8/07 8:18 AM

sensitiveshidduchim@gmail.com
NOT emotional issues.. but any other sensitive issue, family or medical

Edited: 3/13/13 at 12:49 PM by shmulik

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

3/12/07 6:27 PM
User is offline View users profile

A collegue of mine who knows that I have a medical condition asked me if I know of a SHadchan that deals with people with emotional issues because a friend of hers has a daughter that is in need of such a service. Does anybody here know of some one who can help her out?

Tisku L'mitzvos,

YKB

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

3/12/07 8:01 PM

Some of the above already mentioned MIGHT...

I know Sos Tossis does NOT deal with emotional though.

Question -
what about someone who is a little SLOW - like as a result of a brain injury, accident etc. Which category do people think that belongs in emotional or more physically medical?

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

3/12/07 9:18 PM

Thanks for your reply! I knew that about Sos Tasis, I told her I can give her the names that I have and she can ask them if they deal with emotional issues as well.

I think that I would put someone who is SLOW due to an TBI or accident etc. as having a physical disability. It is a neurological condition that affects the brain function. Thereby inhibiting much of the person's former? capaplity. However I would not say that it is emotional because it does not affect one's phsycological wellbeing. Both conditions are neurological in that they come from the brain but one is the emotional aspect of the brain function and one is the physical.

YKB

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

4/25/07 11:21 AM

does Mrs. Markowitz deal with people who have epilepsy...and therefore can't have kids?

Edited: 4/25/07 at 11:21 AM by miracle613

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

4/25/07 6:52 PM

Mrs. Markowitz deals with all kinds of medical issues and disabilities.

Hatzlacha Rabah

Bottom

hashemhelpme
Junior Supporter

4/25/07 10:13 PM

Dear Daniella Jacobs
Who told you that if you have epilepsy than you can't have any children?!
Don't ever beleive such nonsense I have 2 beautiful children and plan to have more if hashem wants me to of course but it is the yidishe crooked way of thinking that if you are epileptic than you can't have kids I hate when people talk like that I get real angry 'cause it's not true you will im yirtzah hashem get married and have children and if the person doesn't want you 'cause you are epileptic than he is not for you think twice
GOOD LUCK and have a wonderfull day!

Bottom

Yad HaChazakah-JDEC
Junior Supporter

4/29/07 1:33 AM

The way myths about different conditions and disabilities are perpetrated and generated can be very aggravating to those of us who have them. It is so unfortunate for us and for others. We need to keep our endurance in reeducating our communities. I want to acknowledge your passionate response, hashemhelpme.

-------------------------
Sharon Shapiro, Founding CEO
Yad HaChazakah-The Jewish Disability Empowerment Center, Inc.
Tel. & 711 TTY Relay 212-284-6936
sshapiro@yad-jdec.org

Led by Jews with disabilities and chronic health conditions, Yad HaChazakah - The Jewish Disability Empowerment Center Inc. provides support services, advocacy, and educational forums for Jews with disabilities and chronic health conditions.

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

4/29/07 12:03 PM

I agree that there are many myths about different diseases and disabilities and the Frum community is known to be especially paranoid when it comes to making Shiduchim with someoen who is not in 100% perfect health. However, I wonder how helpful it is to be so passionate in response to a post in a forum such as this with out knowing the full details. Does hashemhelp me know why Daniella is saying that she cannot have children? I think we have to give everyone who comes here support and not dispute what they post when we disagree with them or when out situation, no matter how similar it may seem, contradictes that which they post.

YKB

Bottom

hashemhelpme
Junior Supporter

4/29/07 2:22 PM

I am really sorry I came across so hard I was just trying to say that the myths in our community is wrong though I was not trying to lecture anyone chas v'sha,om just from Daniella's other posts in neurology section she was asking weather you can have kids or not she sounded although she is pretty fresh in this Parshah shall we say but I don't want ot make any judgements I am sorry if I hurt you Daniella Jacobs and anyone else
Good Bye

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

5/3/07 11:25 AM

that's ok. i understand. but as i told you, i am able to have kids medically....however my mom doesn't want me to out of fear that I will seize. So that's why I am trying to find someone who is willing to adopt....and those people are very very rare.

Edited: 5/3/07 at 11:31 AM by miracle613

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

5/3/07 9:15 PM

Have you asked a Rav whether this is the right way to go? Only he can decide and weigh up the medical VS halachic implications of not going ahead to have children naturally.

The reason I say this is because it is VERY RARE for a boy that CAN have children to be allowed to marry someone that can't or that won't.

Also, from experience, I can tell you that it is also very hard to actually find a boy that knows when he still single that he cant physically have children.

Good luck and I will keep you in mind with my own shidduch research!

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

5/5/07 11:28 PM

I will ask the rabbi but I am 100% sure that he will agree with my mom because he knows about my situation. He knows that my mom would never prohibit me from having kids naturally without there being a logical reason(especially since all my mom does does whenever she's on call is deliver babies) I have a feeling that all of the guys who would be willing to even date someone who can't have kids HALACHICALLY (If it were up to me, I would. But my family- especially my mom- & friends have seen enough seizures.) are taken. Obviously if there ever is a surgery that can get rid of this thing for good, I'm going to get it. But, I am just trying to be a good daughter, as well as a good Jew by doing what my mom wants. If guys only want girls who can have kids naturally and me having kids naturally will cause my mom pain, then I'd rather remain single.

Edited: 5/5/07 at 11:33 PM by miracle613

Bottom

Sharon-Yad HaChazakah
Junior Supporter

5/9/07 3:10 PM

Daniella,

You have really thought about this a lot and I fully understand your wish not to place your mother and family under more stress. In the end you need to make decisions that are in line with who you are and your integrity. I"H, may you find a man with whom you can create a bais ne'eman! Please don't hesitate to call for support.

All the best,
Sharon

Sharon Shapiro, Founding Director
Yad HaChazakah-The Jewish Disability Empowerment Center Inc.

Led primarily by Jews with disabilities and chronic health conditions, Yad HaChazakah - The Jewish Disability Empowerment Center Inc. provides support services, advocacy, and educational forums.

Edited: 5/9/07 at 3:12 PM by Sharon-Yad HaChazakah

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

5/13/07 9:38 PM

um....lets say i would have kids naturally. My doctor was planning on taking me off my medicaton- because I do not like taking chances and if I was pregnant with my medication then there is a very good chance that it would cause birth defects. Anyway, I just had a seizure this past Thursday night...because I was not taking some of my medication( I take certain doses of three medication- 2 3x a day and another one of them 2x a day) and I wasn't taking my a.m. medicine for a week...which led to a seizure. A seizure that lasted for over 5 minutes. which is why my mom does not want me to have kids naturally.

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

5/13/07 11:36 PM

Dear Daniella,
I am sorry to hear that you had another seizure after being seizure free for a substantial amount of time. I hope that you can get back under controll again soon!

I don't think that you should feel presured by anyone to make a decision either way in regard to your future. However, being that marriage and having children is the first Mitzvah that Hashem gave to Adam when a singlehas knowledge that will affect this aspect their marriage ti becomes a Halachik issue that should be refered to Rav. Different Rabbis might give different answers on how to deal with each situation. In your situation you are able to have children yet you have another condition that affects your ability to become pregnant. Our Rabbis are there to guide us in all aspects of our lives including this one! Once you ask you and your family will be reasured that you are looking for the right kind of boy.

Hugs

YKB

I was amazed at how as my health situation changed certain aspects of what my Rav told me to look for in a boy and how to go about it changed.

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

5/14/07 7:55 AM

thank you.
why? did ur rabbi say it was ok to have kids?(if u don't feel comfortable talking about it I totally understand & u don't have to.)

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

5/14/07 9:02 AM

I sent you a PM.

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

6/14/07 10:42 AM

Anoth Shadchan with years of experience..... also deals with divorce and mature individuals..

Mrs Bruchi Langsam 718-851-5393 or mazeltov613@gmail.com you can call her annonymously

Good luck everyone!! and lets try and keep this thread just for shadchonim... etc

Bottom

shmulik
Junior Supporter

6/24/07 4:34 PM

In England, Mrs Matty Angel (wife of Rabbi Shlomo Angel from the BSS Sem and Yeshivas Ezras Torah) is very invovled with these shidduchim and has a pretty good database.

Yes, some of her boys/girls would be willing to move to USA - so its always worth a try!!

to call her from the USA; call 011-44-161-720-6182

Bottom

Ocean
Junior Supporter

7/17/07 10:23 PM

another shadchan
medical issues

boneh bayis

718-438-1639

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

8/25/07 10:14 PM

I have asked the rabbi. He said that because of halachic issues I have to marry someone- actually I'll say date- someone who either has kids already or cannot have kids.

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

9/15/07 11:10 PM

i have asked my rabbi-he said that because men are obligated of the mitzvah peru u'revu- i have to marry someone who either has kids or who can't have kids. By the way- if you know anybody...please....
G'mar Chatzimah Tovah!

Bottom

s1234
Junior Supporter

11/15/07 6:15 PM

I have children from a previous marriage. I would consider marrying someone who could not have children. Who would I get in touch with? I live in Yerushalayim, am not considering moving at this point because of my children.

Bottom

mermir
Junior Supporter

12/19/07 9:38 PM

does anyone know:
the proper spelling of sos tosis?
their contact info?
how sensitive they are?
how effective they are?
any other helpful info?
thanks!

Bottom

shmulik
Junior Supporter

12/20/07 1:51 PM

you can get sos tossis number from Chai Life Lines website. When in doubt, just call Chai Life line straight and they will transfer you.

Curently, I believe that they have around 350 singles in their database... majority tending to be more chassidish... but all it takes is ONE RIGHT ONE!!! so give them a call.

They take you basic info and then assign you to your own personal 'shadchan' who knows the whole picture. She will then browse their database (where only basics are known) and try and match you. So far my experience has been that they are VERY understanding.

They will NOT set you up with something unless they very positive that it will work. You may find them to be too much perfectionist... but you may not find them that way...

Hatzlacha Raba... and do you hishtadlus by calling other 'special' shadchonim!

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

1/27/08 6:33 PM

Bonei Olam have launched new program called 'GENEarations' to help those with genetic issues
financially,
support,
Medical advice
and shidduchim.
The number to call is 718-437-6046

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

2/18/09 7:58 PM

Has anyone heard of a shadchan Mandlebaum from Monsey?

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

7/22/09 8:13 PM

I recently saw an ad in the Yated that OHEL have launched a new shidduch program for those suffering with emotional/mental issues. This is quite a novelty, as many shadchonim deal primarily with physical...
But... I misplaced the ad! so.. perhaps someone else can post the info here...

Bottom

alone
Junior Supporter

8/16/09 4:46 AM

I am in Israel, 42, modern orthodox, overweight and have hirsutism.
Is there a shadchan who could help me, and not send me 60 year olds ultra orthodox, or any other kind of person that doesn't fit me.
Thank you.

Bottom

medical shidduchim
Junior Supporter

11/17/09 10:47 AM

try medicalshidduchim@gmail.com for a shadchan with large database... mostly in 20's and lower 30's with all differnet types of conditions, past & present

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

11/4/10 10:44 PM

does Sos Tasis deal with epilepsy?

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

11/14/10 12:16 AM

Sos Tasis deals with all medical issues I can't think of a reason why they won't deal with epilepsy.

hatzlacha rabbah

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

5/18/12 9:31 AM

New org focusing on chassidish & yeshivish..
Mesos Dodim 718-708-1299
NOT for emotional & mental health issues.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

3/11/13 5:18 PM

anyone have any other numbers for shadchanim who deal with emotional issues? thanks!

there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

3/13/13 12:47 PM

try Relief - they do a lot of the mental health refferals.. THEY NEED TO START A SHIDDUCH SERVICE TOO!!
New York:
5904 13th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219
Tel: 718-431-9501
Fax: 718-431-9504
Email: info@reliefhelp.org

New Jersey:
110 Hillside Blvd
Suite #17
Lakewood, NJ 08701
732-905-1605
Fax: 732-905-0988 Monroe:
17 Prag Blvd #001-G
Monroe, NY 10950
845-783-4508
Canada:
2788 Bathurst Street
Suite #302
Toronto,ON M6B 3A3
416-789-1600
Fax: 416-789-1607
Israel:
Nadvorna 23/3
Beitar Illit, 90500
02-580-8008
info@misgav.org

USA GENERAL REFERRALS
Benjamin Babad 718-431-9501 Ext. 202 bbabad@reliefhelp.org
David Kessner 718-431-9501 Ext. 307 dkessner@reliefhelp.org
Devorah Levinson 718-431-9501 Ext. 103 dlevinson@reliefhelp.org

Bottom

KadimaMel
Junior Supporter

8/4/15 2:51 PM

I tried to reach Mrs. Linda Markowitz and the number listed below is not in service. Does anyone know how to contact Mrs. Markowitz via phone or Email?
Also, I live in Monsey and am trying to find Shadchanim who work with young adults with disabilities. Any suggestions?

Melanie Ambinder

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

11/24/15 5:09 PM

I was advised to date women who have some issues so that I be realistic that someone would be able to accept my mental issues. I was advised by a Rav to do so. Till now I have dated many normal women without apparent issues for over 10 years and never got to a point where I have to disclose my mental status.
While I realize that this Rav is right I don't know where to look for women with problems. If I disclose my mental condition to a shadchan then I will be guaranteed to be set up with women who have similar issues and that is simply unbearable to have such married life. Or NOT OFFERED ANY DATES ALLTTHOGETHER.
I have many baggage issues such as a dysfunctional biological family, and others. it was always important for me to have confidentiality. I even though of inventing some issue so as to avoid disclosing mental issues as that has the most stigma. So I don't know how to proceed. Any advice from members here?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Living with Disability > Shiduchim, Dating, Marriage, & Family < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.