Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: grinding teeth
Created On 1/26/05 2:47 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

shlomo
Junior Supporter

1/26/05 2:47 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hello everyone,

I have a DS child that I work with. He has a slight problem, he grinds
his teeth. When he grinds his teeth its like sawing wood (dust).
If you have any ideas on how to stop it please let me know.

thank you

IF POSSIBLE PLEASE HELP
Text

Edited: 2/8/05 at 3:16 PM by shlomo

Bottom

momofds
Junior Supporter

2/9/05 1:04 AM

All kids with DS have a tendency to grind their teeth. I would recommend giving the kid a nuk brush to carry around and possibly use it instead of using his teeth to give him the stimulation in the mouth that he apparently desires. If anyone else has anything to share on the topic - I'd love to hear it too.

Edited: 2/9/05 at 1:06 AM by momofds

Bottom

shlomo
Junior Supporter

2/17/05 5:41 PM
User is offline View users profile

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING

Edited: 3/1/05 at 2:41 PM by shlomo

Bottom

hudvictor
Junior Supporter

4/4/05 1:39 AM

I have an 8 year old son with Down Syndrome, and i would say that since he had teeth till the age of 6 he grinded his teeth constently. Its a stimulation for the children. They do it when they are concentration very hard, they are tired, or just need a stimulation for themselves. My sons speech therapist had told me to meassage his jaw area when he grinds and that will get him to stop for a while. My son never liked it but we did it anyway. when he was old enough to understand he would take my hands off or not let me do it, but i would od it and say if you want me to stop then u have to stop grinding your teeth. He would for a while and then we would continue the process. I think eventually they outgrow it, becasue we though my son would never outgrow it, and he has not done it for about a year or 2.

-------------------------
i have a son an 8 year old son with down syndrome.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > MR/DD Mental Retardation Developmental Delayed > Down Syndrome < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.