Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Sleep Apnea and night time oxygen use in DS
Created On 2/16/05 2:10 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ImaD
Supporter

2/16/05 2:10 PM

Anyone have any info on apnea in DS. My son, who B"H has no heart problems but a long history of breathing issues, needs oxygen pretty much whenever he gets anything more than a cold. He is asthmatic, and has been on inhalants his whole life. After his last "vacation" in the hospital with pneumonia, it took another week to wean him off of full time oxygen. Since then, he has been super fine all day, with average sats about 94 or 95. Within two minutes of falling asleep, he is down to between 86 and 88. The pulmonologist said go to the cardiologist to do another echo and rule out pulmonary hypertension. B"H that done, we are back to, "well, it seems that even though it looks like he is breathing fine, he isn't doing it deeply enough." Truthfully, he only needs about a liter and a half or two and only at night so it isn't such a big deal. The question is, now what?

Bottom

P. S. Ledereich, MD
Doctor

2/26/05 11:10 PM

Hi - I read your posting, and it may be worthwhile to
get a formal sleep test on him, to see his breathing
pattern during sleep -
yes I understand that he rarely snores, but people can
have sleep apnea (central sleep apnea, upper airway
resistance syndrome, silent apnea, etc) and not know
about it. I agree it is worthwhile getting an echo on
him as your pediatrician suggests.
These are just some ideas that I have for you without
examining him. Wish you well and your son a refua sheleima.
P. S. Ledereich

-------------------------
P. S. Ledereich, MD
Family Ear Nose and Throat Care
1033 Clifton Avenue, Suite 204
Clifton, NJ 07013
Telephone: 973 470 8266
144 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901
Telephone: 845 357 8302

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > MR/DD Mental Retardation Developmental Delayed > Down Syndrome < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.