Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Therapist termination
Created On 1/4/14 5:56 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

1/4/14 5:56 PM

For 2 yrs I saw a therapist. My parents, I thought were paying. Turns out the therapist sent the bill to the wrong address, so she never received any payment. When she realized after 2 years she wasn't getting paid (!), she then asked my parents for $6,000 immediately as back payment.

My parents didn't have $6,000 floating around in their pockets but said they could make it up by smaller payments over a few months. My therapist terminated me as her patient for lack of payment, and as of now my parents continue to send her a check per month.

Now onto my question: I emailed the therapist asking what my diagnosis is, and she said BPD. When I asked why, she said she didn't feel the reasoning was appropriate for email communication. When I offered to call her she said that wouldn't work either. So then I asked again: if calling is not convenient for you, then please email because I don't understand my diagnosis.

She then said because the bill hasn't been paid in full yet (just a few hundred dollars still owed), she cannot give me her reasons as to why she thinks I am borderline.

Is it just me or does this seem unfair?

Edited: 1/4/14 at 5:59 PM by Cutiestarr

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

1/5/14 8:54 AM
User is offline View users profile

Oy!!! This dosent seem normal !!
(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

1/7/14 10:28 PM

Thank you, Channa.

How are you doing?

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 11:40 AM

wow thats crazy. to all of a sudden drop that on u when u had no idea it wasnt being paid.so sorry. can u find another t? where do u live?

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 2:32 PM

Yes, b"h I started with another therapist who is wonderful. I am fortunate b"h.

Thank you so much for your answer, star. How are you doing? Please let me know how you are feeling.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

1/12/14 4:54 PM

bh ok. glad u found a good t. essential. ups and downs by me. feeling irritable to chosson dont know why maybe testing him to reject me. fights w fam so scared marriage will be another thing im a failure at.week and a half left...

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

1/19/14 9:24 AM

so happy you like your new T!!
Im ok, thanks for asking. Still alive and thats pretty much all I can hope for right now =(
((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) to all!!!!

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

1/22/14 9:16 PM

Let down by another therapist (the new one I previously liked). I feel jaded.

This time, I emailed the therapist to rebook my appt. She asked why; I said I have food poisoning.

So she emailed: "what are your symptoms?" I started to get suspicious - I thought, why is she interested in explicit vomiting issues? Is this odd?

So I did what she asked, and emailed her an explanation of my symptoms (not going to go into it here, but you know what I mean if you get food poisoning!)

She then stated back in her email many reasons why all these symptoms were minor and I would definitely be making it to therapy.

I responded: "I am sick. I am in the bathroom every 10 minutes. I will likely be throwing up in your office as well if I come to a session tomorrow. Considering I won't be able to have an ongoing conversation with you due to my symptoms, would this session be in my best interest, or in your best interest?" (meaning, she just wants me to come so as not to miss an opportunity to make another $250)

She responded the latter. She then added "You are completely right, and I am impressed by your perceptiveness." She was then willing to reschedule.

Since she admitted this I feel like she views me as an ATM machine, not as a patient suffering. The appropriate response to me having food poisoning would have been "hope you feel better," not harrassing me into making it to her office so she can make a few extra bucks.

She lost my trust, because I felt used.

Sad. Looking for an ethical therapist.

Edited: 1/22/14 at 9:18 PM by Cutiestarr

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

1/26/14 9:27 AM

oy, ((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
So sad that this happened to you!! Can you try talking to her about it just to make sure shes really the greedy witch she sounds like?

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

1/30/14 3:07 PM

sorry again for replying so late. ugh, that must have felt horrible to be treated like an atm machine. i know the feeling. Hope youre having a good day and if not, hugs and love your way.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

2/1/14 10:23 PM

I'm so sorry for you, cutiestarr. That sounds so painful.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Personality Disorders < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.