Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: so lonely and having difficulty functioning
Created On 6/9/14 10:16 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/9/14 10:16 AM

I look fine on the outside but I'm feeling so lonely and can't concentrate at work. Even when I hang out with people I still feel lonely, either then or right after. I can't concentrate at work which is really hard. Life seems like a waste of time. Everything is just a distraction. Nothing is real or meaningful. What should I do?

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

6/9/14 10:37 AM

I'm sorry I feel like that too sometimes. What do you do for work? (maybe your coworkers are also bored.)

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/10/14 12:31 PM
User is offline View users profile

I can't offer any advice cuz I'm in that same place right now, but you should know you're not alone in ur loneliness... If thar makes any sense.
Question: what is ' meaningful' to you? What does it mean?

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/10/14 7:34 PM

Some of my coworkers are also bored, but I don't think it impacts that as deeply. Also, I'm struggling to define meaning. I think family might be the only meaning that I have in my life. Religion used to have meaning, but lately I've given up on that.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/10/14 11:23 PM

Are you seeing a therapist?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/11/14 2:33 PM
User is offline View users profile

Those are things that have/had meaning to you, but how do you DEFINE meaning? and then maybe you could figure out some new ways to bring meaning into your life...

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/12/14 4:24 PM

I am seeing a therapist and have been seeing one for many many years. I don't know how I would define a meaningful life. A lot of it has to do with having my own happy family, having a good relationship, etc and that's not possible when I struggle with religion cuz I have no clue who to date.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/12/14 11:54 PM

Originally posted by: getMeOutOfHere
Religion used to have meaning, but lately I've given up on that.

Why?

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/17/14 6:35 PM

Keeping shabbos and yom tov gives me anxiety, but not keeping it also gives me anxiety. I used to be interested in religion, in debate, exploration, learning, etc. but now it just seems like a nuisance. I also don't know where I stand religiously, what kind of household I want to have. I'm a lot less religious obviously than I grew up, but I always thought I would go back to being more religious when I had a family. Now I'm not so sure.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/17/14 10:58 PM

There are certain aspects of religion, like bitochon - trust in G-d, which help us cope better with life.
Another helpful thing is when we try to help other people; we feel less lonely, and we feel that our lives have meaning.

When things are down, it can be difficult to focus on religion and other things. But maybe focussing, for now, on just the two above actions, may help to make you happier.

Hope to hear good news

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

6/19/14 8:54 PM

i identify a lot with your loneliness, lack of meaning and lack of desire for religion (anymore)...

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/24/14 8:13 PM

Gad I'm really not open to hearing about how religion can help right now. Sorry.

Any other ideas people. I struggle not to cry at work and I feel so alone. I'm ready for life to end.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/24/14 9:03 PM

Is there anything you enjoy doing? Like listening to music, or anything else?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

6/25/14 5:36 AM

For me, loneliness is directly tied to mood. If I feel better, I am less lonely. So I keep trying to beat these negative moods which are always lurking in the background.
It's very physical in my case-meds, exercise,shifting from one activity to the next, lots of treats and pleasure.
Hope this helps and you start feeling better.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Personality Disorders < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.