Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: info re support organizations
Created On 5/17/05 7:41 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ImaD
Supporter

5/17/05 7:41 AM

I once came across an ad for an organization I thought was called chazak v'ametz for families of Jewish children with heart disease. Does anyone have any info on this? Is there any other organization that provides support and info?

Edited: 5/17/05 at 8:29 AM by ImaD

Bottom

bmr
Supporter

7/25/05 2:53 PM

I think there is a group called "Ya'ametz liebcha" dealing with cardiac issues - 718-853-6945

Bottom

Thank Him
Junior Supporter

11/1/05 5:00 PM

The number for Yameitz Libechu is 718-501-7537 anyone who deals with a child with chd can contact them. they have shabbatons (coming up now, i think so) a newsletter published, once a year get together and support thats what counts.

-------------------------
Only Hashem Can Help

Bottom

Thank Him
Junior Supporter

11/1/05 5:03 PM

If anyone knows adults with chd please tell them to call 718-486-2895. there are some other adults with chd looking for more out there in the frum world and maybe they can make a shabbos for them too. thank you and tizhka lmitzvas

Only Hashem Can Help

Bottom

froggy4
Junior Supporter

3/17/06 12:00 AM

i am part of that support group and they had a shabbaton a few months ago, it was nice meeting other families in these situations..you should contact them

froggy4

Bottom

Jewish Mother
Junior Supporter

2/16/07 1:37 PM

Yameitz Libechu is the only frum support group for famlies with with congenital heart defects. They just had an amazing Shabbos getaway, at the Hudson Valley Resort.They also publish a very informative newsletter. The newest one is now availble .You can contact them at 718.501.7537,718.486.2895, or at ylnewsletter@yeshivahnet.com. B`Hatzlacha

Bottom

rochel leah
Junior Supporter

5/28/07 5:16 PM
User is offline View users profile

they were amazing as far as support and information. there is actually an organization called HeartBabies . They run programs in the hosp. and in Long term care facilities with yiddishe atmosphere support for families who want their child to have that even though they might have certain conditions that some feel "how much do they really know?"They also arrange for rides for people who dont live near where chai lifeline or bikur cholim pick up from.
Check them out.www.heartbabies.com They are also raising money to open a "frum"LONG TERM CARE FACILITY. State of the art, new therapies available and very family oriented to make the transition easier.

Bottom

hb
Supporter

5/26/08 7:38 AM

I believe that St. Mary's in Ossining was bought out by frum people and is being made into a Frum Rehab/long term care facility. Is this the same project that Heartbabies is involved in?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Cardiology > Congenital Heart Disease < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.