Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: port wine stain
Created On 4/11/06 11:36 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cse
Junior Supporter

4/11/06 11:36 AM

anyone have any info on port wine stains??

Bottom

kiddiemom3
Junior Supporter

7/27/06 11:05 PM

Hi,

I know that this isn't a new post and I'm not sure what information you are interested in so I will be brief and feel free to ask any specific questions that you may have. My daughter was born with a pws 4 years ago. A pws is a malformation of the blood vessels that have developed in utero. The earlier in pregnancy the larger the stain will be. The exact cause of it has not been confirmed. It isn't hereditary, nor genetic. The pws is present at birth and will not go away on its own. Laser surgery can be done to help remove it ( but usually it will only lighten it). Some other issues have to be taken into consideration depending on where the pws is present: glaucoma - if the stain surrounds the eye. Sturge Weber Syndrome SWS if the stain is located on the head.

Bottom

MRA
Junior Supporter

8/23/07 11:12 AM

www.birthmark.org
www.drgreene.com

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Dermatology > Birthmarks < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.