Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Receding hairline... and receding confidence!!
Created On 2/7/05 12:30 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

username
Junior Supporter

2/7/05 12:30 AM

Im 23 years old and my hairline has been quickly receding these past couple of years, anyone try propecia? does it work? is there a way to get a discount on it because I dont have medical insurance.

Bottom

alvindingel
Junior Supporter

2/23/05 12:53 PM

Come on, bald is beautiful. If you're confident and a good guy, you'll have plenty of girls wanting to marry you.

Bottom

Packeteers
Junior Supporter

2/26/06 11:15 PM

Propecia works very well for me, but keep in mind it only works on 60% of men who use it. I have been taking this over four years now, and am very happy with the results. My head is literally a walking advertisement for a Propecia success story as I had a high hairline AND bald spot, and both have been significantly reduced since using Propecia. Keep in mind you MUST take this every day for at LEAST 6 Months before you will even START to notice any results. If after one YEAR of taking it, you don't believe it's helping, then discontinue use. Do not under any circumstances allow a women to touch the pills or powder from the pills as this chemical can cause birth defects in a male fetus. If the pill works, you will notice existing hairs getting thicker and stronger, and areas with little or no hair will start to develop fine white hairs that will eventually over a year darken and thicken. You must take this pill every day for the rest of your life that you want hair. If you miss a day, don't double dose. You will also grow slightly more hair over your entire body, so you will need to use a $10 battery operated stick shaver to keep the back and side of your torso under control. If you stop taking it for a long time, you will simply lose whatever hair growth was due to Propecia's contribution, but you will NOT lose any more hair then you would have otherwise.

Anyone reading this who would rather get a local perscription and pay $1,000 per year would be better off spending their money on a NEW drug called;

Avodart (Dutasteride 0.5mg) from GlaxoSmithKline.

This new drug is twice as effective as Propecia (Finasteride) at blocking your natural DHT production (the hormone that turns your hair follicles off), so your hair may grow as it should naturally. Remember, you don't lose your hair, your own body chemistry simply stops it from growing.

-------------

Any herbal suppliment that claims to block DHT, such as "Avacor", is a complete waste of time and money using. The makers of "Avacor" and other suppliments you hear about on late night TV that claim to restore your hair, rid you of belly fat, improve your memory or male performance, all continue to operate while under inditement by the FDA and other class action lawsuits. They cannot get an injuction to stop them from selling, because the substances in these pills don't hurt anyone; they base their claims on real science, but never tell you how their substance actually fixes the problem, only that it can; they all offer a money back guarantee (which they know few will ever pursue), so it's simply misleading advertising. They continue to make tens of millions from the unweary, while being sued for millions more and chalk it all up to the Con Game's cost of doing business with today's gullible audience. Of course as soon as word get's around that these pills are worthless, sales slowly dry up, and the same companies simply market yet another miracle herbal suppliment for some ailment everyone suddenly seems to need cured. *sigh*

Edited: 2/28/06 at 6:02 PM by FrumSupport Moderator

Bottom

Packeteers
Junior Supporter

3/2/06 5:57 PM

anyone wishing to find out ways to save money on Propecia(Finasteride 1.0mg) or Avodart (Dutasteride 0.5mg) to treat their hair loss, may contact me privately so I may refer to you an inexpensive online pharmacy;

packeteers@gmail.com

-----------------------------

BTW there is an additional benefit for men to consider when taking Propecia/Avodart:

Recent medical surveys have shown that taking these drugs may help prevent Prostate problems as you grow older. Other medical surveys have found that Prostate cancer is most likely to be genetically inherited. So basically if you have a blood line father, uncle, grandfather, brother, who got Prostate cancer, you may be able to reduce your risk by taking these hair drugs. However, if you don't have any family history of Prostate cancer, nor need any help with your hair, you should certainly NOT take these drugs simply for your Prostate health. This is another reason that men who get Prostate cancer, should find a way to communicate this to the other men in their blood lines, so they may get checked regularly as they age, and can choose to take hair drugs as a preventative measure.

Edited: 3/6/06 at 10:35 AM by Packeteers

Bottom

Packeteers
Junior Supporter

2/28/08 11:35 AM

since a few hundred different people have read this by now,
I thought it would be helpful to provide a minor update.

generic Propecia(Finasteride 1.0mg) from India is the same price in US Dollars as 4 years ago.
generic Avodart (Dutasteride 0.5mg) from India is now available, and as affordable as above.
either will cost $90-$170 per year, an Eighth the cost of the name brand prescription drug.

Stress is a MAJOR factor in hair loss - and I'm living proof of it.
I've been enjoying a relatively stress free lifestyle the past 2 years,
and decided to STOP taking any hair loss pills. not only did I Keep
the hair I gained, but it continues to come in fuller, even without
the pills I was taking daily. I originally lost the hair during a
stressful few years of my life, which prompted me to take these pills,
so if my stress management skills were to elude me, I'm quite certain
my hair would thin out again were I not taking these hair pills as well.
till now I was taking Propecia, but next Month I will start taking Avodart
for the next 6-12 Months to see if I'm able to gain even more hair density.

G-d willing, this 40'something will update this thread by then.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Hair Loss > Hair Loss < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.