Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Alternative - Peppermint,Coconut, Manuka
Created On 2/14/08 6:03 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

PB613
Supporter

2/14/08 6:03 AM

Ive come across a host of holistic/natural/alternative things promising to aid or cure IBD (namely UC).

Fish Oil
Flaxseed Oil
Wheatgrass Juice
Probiotics
Prebiotics (Psyllium)
Aloe
Manuka Honey (live active cultures in it)
Coconut Oil

Peppermint Oil (mainly for IBS, its a smooth muscle relaxant)

Any of these helpful for you or s/o you know? Success stories?
Do you completely replace the medicine with it?

Bottom

cd
Supporter

2/15/08 9:25 AM

I've tried most of these and have few more to add to the list you can see my previous postings.

For some reason anything with live cultures cause me more problems but regular natural (no sugar added) Honey seems to be very helpful. (just dont mix it with liquids to make it easier to eat its only 1 teaspoon a day so take it like medicine)

The other thing that works great is Marshmallow root and you basically need to make tea from its roots/leaves but it kind of smells so not so comfortable doing it often i usually turn to it only when i really need to.

Bottom

PB613
Supporter

2/17/08 4:15 PM

thanks for pointing me in the direction of the posts.
I'm happy that you've found some things that provide relief.
As always, different things work for different people.

btw- if you dont mind my asking, do you take any continual meds or do you only use these alternative stuff when the going gets tough?
(you can pm if you dont want to post it)

Edited: 2/18/08 at 2:08 AM by PB613

Bottom

Sarah
Supporter

11/12/09 5:17 PM

hi

I just heard about the Manuka honey 16+. My sister said it would be excellent for the flu that I currently have. I checked with the company that imports it into Canada and they tell me to take 1 tsp three times a day a half an hour before eating.

I am going to try this for my ulcerative colitis too. Of course I take other meds; Asacol in particular.

Will let you know.

Sarah

-------------------------
Daven to Hashem - He always listens to you!

Edited: 11/12/09 at 5:18 PM by Sarah

Bottom

Sarah
Supporter

11/15/09 6:40 PM

I have taken the Manuka honey since Thursday evening and now it is Sunday evening = 3 days and so far no bleeding. I am really happy with the results so far!

Sarah

Bottom

Sarah
Supporter

11/16/09 3:13 PM

Oops, I spoke too soon.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.