Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: My son has Chrons..
Created On 3/2/08 4:18 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MitzvahMom
Junior Supporter

3/2/08 4:18 PM

He was diagnosed last year...

He was on three medications, but B"H we are down to two...Pentas and Azathioprine.

This along with a diet and natural remedies

Probiotic
paraenzymes...etc.. Seems to be helping

But every once and a while his stomach just hurts, and I have to put on a hot water bottle..

I feel so bad for him, because he's afraid to eat anything that makes his stomach hurt. some days at school he eats only fruit, if it's something he cannot eat. Even though I have snacks for him in the nurses office if that happens, he's embarassed to have to leave his friends to get food. End up having to have food in the car for him constantly, and let's face it when u have other kids they want the food too. It's becoming so CRAZY at sometimes, he cries the entire way home if I do not have enough for everyone. AS he feels sad and shares, and then is starving.

B"H everything seems to be helping, no longer having the runs, or uncontrolable pain.. I just wish I knew what else I could do for him, to help him know he's not alone...etc...

-------------------------
Malka

Bottom

yaldatova613
Supporter

3/2/08 11:41 PM

how old is he?

Bottom

MitzvahMom
Junior Supporter

3/3/08 10:06 AM

my son is K"ah 7...

Sadly my family has been through a lot so for a 7 year old, B"H he's finally learning to express himself instead of holding it in.. So his stress level is much lower, that helps I believe

Malka

Bottom

yaldatova613
Supporter

3/3/08 6:26 PM

mm - i 'pm'ed u.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

3/6/08 3:56 PM

I have a son who is now 13 and was diagnosed with Crohn's at 9. I would be happy to be helpful if ther is anything I could do.
Hatzlochoh Rabboh and Refuah Shelaimah
Miriam

Bottom

haimishetatty
Junior Supporter

4/5/08 5:07 PM

My doctor prescribed PENTASA for me when I first had Crohns. I would recomend you trying the almond muffin recipe in Elaine Gotschalls Book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle. My wife alternatively flavors it with Strawberry or blueberry or banana. She uses paper or silver foil cupcake cups in the baking molds. Even some of our other children who arent sick like to nosh them.
Perhaps give them to your son as a nosh or as a main food in his lunch bag. Store them in the fridge as their out of fridge shelf life isnt long.
I realize that everybodies metabolism is different. The diet has been successful for some not for others. Personally I stuck to it strictly for over three years and amazed my doctors with my overall improvment.
I would aso suggest you checking to see if he is lactose intolerant. That alone can be stressfull and uncomfortable to a young boy. I know from my own personal expereince as a child.
In general being a father of boys his age I would encourage you to enable him to play outside as much as possible. In addition to take him swimming once a week or bath or shower him as daily or almost daily.
I dont recall where I read this but again from personal experience
the exercise plus the hydrotherapy of the water does affect the digestive system for the better.
Socially perhaps have him invite friends over to play. It is maybe more comfortabe having his bathroom at home to go to rather than a strangers. If you live in the NY metro area go consult with Yaakov Friedman the nutritionist at Wealth of health on Ave U. He helped me alot. I took all the vitamins and nutritional supplements he recomended. It was alot to take every day not to mention very costly. But over the course of the years it was worth it.

Hatzlacha!

Bottom

MitzvahMom
Junior Supporter

1/8/09 1:50 AM

Life changes so quickly

My family in LA offered to help me with the kids while I focus on my Nursing School.

Any suggestions?

Malka

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.