Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: New treatment?
Created On 3/5/06 8:37 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cd
Supporter

3/5/06 8:37 AM

I got this in my email today but i dont know how i got on that list or if it's something to be trusted...

------------------------------------------------------------
Dear PARA Member:

We wanted to let you know about a very important lecture that is going to take place. Dr. Borody is one of PARA's distinguished Advisory Council Members and one of the world's foremost experts on the subject of MAP and Crohn's disease. If you are able to attend or know of someone in the New York area that would be able to, it will be a very informative and interesting meeting. Here is a Press Release issued by Suffolk Y. Jewish Community Center, sponsors of the lecture:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Kelly Alpert Vest
Suffolk Y Jewish Community Center
(631)462-9800 Ext 142
(631)462-9462
kvest@syjcc.org
www.suffolkyjcc.org

Professor Thomas Borody of Australia comes to New York to discuss significant new findings in the fight against Crohn's Disease

Commack, New York, February 15, 2006 - Professor Tom Borody of Sydney, Australia will present the results of over 20 years of research into an effective treatment for Crohn's Disease. He will deliver data from a clinical study of 213 patients in Australia along with the responses to treatment of over 50 of Prof. Borody's own patients, to his anti-mycobacteria therapy research. According to Prof. Borody's report, as many as 95% of his patients have responded to treatment with full remission achieved by 65% of these patients. Dr. Borody says, "These results exceed all documented evidence of response to Crohn's Disease therapies and promise significant relief for a large number of the estimated one million Crohn's patients around the world."

Dr. Borody MD PhD FRACP, a graduate of the University of New South Wales, from which he holds a doctorate in medicine, will be presenting his findings in an open forum at:

The Suffolk Y Jewish Community Center
74 Hauppauge Road in Commack, Long Island
March 20, 2006 from 7-9 PM.
Suggested donation $3

As the founder and current Medical Director of the Centre for Digestive Diseases (CDD), Dr. Borody has created a unique medical institution, internationally regarded for its novel approaches in research, diagnosis and the treatment of gastrointestinal conditions. He has been a recipient of the Winthrop Traveling Fellowship, the Neil Hamilton Fairly Fellowship and the Marshall & Warren Prize, and was a Clinical Fellow in Gastroenterology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester in 1983. He is a member of the Australian Medical Association, the Gastroenterological Society of Australia, the European Gastroenterology Society, the Functional Brain-Gut Research Group and Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American College of Physicians.

Prof. Borody supervises a number of major research programs as well as being involved as a reviewer for the American Journal of Gastroenterology, Digestive Diseases and Sciences, Endoscopy, Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical Journal of Australia and Digestive and Liver Diseases. He has published in excess of 120 scientific papers. In 2004 he was appointed an Adjunct Professor of the Faculty of Science at the University of Technology, Sydney.

The Suffolk Y JCC is an agency of UJA Federation and affiliated with JCC Association. Additional funding is provided by the United Way of Long Island and the Townwide Fund of Huntington.
The Suffolk Y JCC takes no position on the efficacy of Dr. Borody's treatment.

An update on the status of PARA

Many have written to us to ask if we are still operating. The answer is "yes."

Due to lack of resources, financial and other, it has been a real challenge to try to stay abreast of what's happening in the world of MAP and Crohn's disease this past year or so. The principals of PARA, like most of you, must work at outside careers as well as pursue PARA's objectives. Additionally, each of us either suffer with Crohn's disease or have a close family member who does, and these past few years have been especially difficult ones for each and every one of us. However, we have done our best to keep up the best we can under the circumstances. That is why our website has not been updated...not because nothing is happening on this issue. We are working on another website update and hope to accomplish that by the end of March.

PARA is in desperate need of financial support! We do not know how long we can continue as a viable organization without it. We have thousands of members who belong to PARA, but the reality is only a mere handful ever give us financial support. It is impossible to lobby in Washington, attend important meetings and frankly maintain administrative costs associated with running a corporation, without future financial support from the public. There is so much more to be done, but we will not be able to move forward without your help.

Please consider making a donation to PARA. It will be greatly appreciated, and you will be helping us to find a cure and hopefully one day rid this world of the dreaded disease of Crohn's.

Please send your tax-deductible donation to PARA, a 501(c)(3) corporation, to:

PARA
P.O. Box 16219
Temple Terrace, Florida 33687-6219

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Karen Meyer, Co-Executive Director
Paratuberculosis Awareness & Research Association
"The Cause for a Cure for Crohn's Disease"
www.crohns.org

------------------------------------------------------------

I wont be able to attend so if anyone does please let us know what they are talking about.

Bottom

djwilks
Junior Supporter

3/26/06 10:38 PM

BS"D
Dear Junior Supporter,

Thank you for bringing this email to my attention. I have been waiting for several years for the results of Dr. Borody's study to be published. It has been so long, I had given up.

I have (or had) Crohn's disease. I really want others to know about my experience because although my doctor says that one person (me) is not statistically significant, there is logical support (like Dr. Borody's study) for why I am now disease free.

My experience is that an antibiotic therapy (Biaxin and Rifabutin) similar to Dr. Borody's therapy (Biaxin, Rifabutin and clofazimine) cured Crohn's disease in my colon. Another antibiotic therapy called Rifaximin (Xifaxin) is preventing Crohn's from returning to my small intestine after surgery removed the remaining disease. I used probiotics (VSL3) with both therapies as recommended by Dr. Ira Shafran of Orlando, FL.

R. Balfour Sartor, MD is of the opinion that antibiotic therapy helps only in the colon, but my experience is that rifaximin along with VSL3 does cure
Crohn's in the ileum.

The wonderful thing about antibiotic therapy is that is is relatively side-effect free.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Gastroenterology > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.