Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: hepatitis c
Created On 11/15/06 8:17 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hepatitisc
Junior Supporter

11/15/06 8:17 AM

I have had chronic hepatitis c for the past 16 years. Now that the treatment interferon with the other drug is being used with a 40% sucess rate I am considering opting for that. However I am not thrilled about wasting almost a year of my life for such a low success rate. Has it been studied if the success is permanent and are there any other options in research? Are there any natural cures for hepatitis and what medications should I avoid? Thank you

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

11/22/06 12:14 AM

Do you know what strand you have? Riboviron and Pegalated interferon have different success rates for different stands of Hep-C.
a lynn

Bottom

hepatitisc
Junior Supporter

11/22/06 7:21 AM

yes, 1b

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

11/26/06 11:51 PM

I think you should speak to your gastro MD about the research concerning 1B strain and response to the current medication regimens available. This is not really my field of expertise. As for natural remedies, you can also ask your MD about Milk Thistle. My understanding (again, this is NOT my field, so it is basic level) is that Milk Thistle has been shown to promote healthy liver functioning, but it has not conclusively shown that it can reverse liver damage.
a lynn

Bottom

hepatitisc
Junior Supporter

11/27/06 9:12 AM

Thankyou for taking the time to post on this sight, however if this is not your field why were you assigned to my question? If this sight is going to work, it has to make sense. Maybe I misunderstand its purpose. Is it only for psychological support and not medical advise? Thanks again.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/7/06 12:10 AM

I was not "assigned" your question. I moderate in the mental health section of this site. Sometimes my patients (in my practice) have medical illnesses like Hep-C or cancer, which causes them psychological distress, so I am somewhat familiar with the illnesses. Hope that helps,
a lynn

Bottom

cd
Supporter

9/25/08 1:10 PM

Did you ever hear about the pigeons cure? It's a kabbalistic cure that is curing many hepatitis patients but not all (some also get better even if not fully healed). This is what i heard... basically they put a pigeons behind against your belly and the pigeon dies within few minutes (yes by itself somehow). Then they do next pigeons until they stop dying. Might take about 20 pigeons and at about $10/pigeon its not so bad.

There are some people/Rabbi's who administer this whole process for free and some charge some nominal fee for their time. So i think its worth it to try it.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Liver Disease > Liver Disease < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.