Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: a tip
Created On 3/1/05 11:04 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

chanieF
Senior Supporter

3/1/05 11:04 PM

for those with a stomach ulcer (and bad lower GI pain due to the upper GI problem), digestive enzymes are a HUGE life saver.
someone taught me this yrs ago and it REALLY works (in addition to the prescribed antacids, such as nexium...but many of these cause lower GI symptoms, which sserves to complicate matters...)

Bottom

Stars N Sky
Supporter

6/21/05 1:09 PM

what are digestive enzymes?

Bottom

bellyache
Junior Supporter

11/10/05 6:11 PM
User is offline View users profile

hey pll maybe some1 can help me...
im 19nys of age n for the past couple of yrs my stomach has beenin hurtin me i went 2 the doctors...and the said its this n that... but nothing helpin n im goin crazy n i feel at this moment as though my stomach goin 2 explode.............................help

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

11/14/05 5:37 PM

att belly ache:
are you a male or female? does it hurt after eating anything specific? where does it hurt (does it feel like heartburn, or is it lower down, more like a 'stomach ache')? how does it feel when it hurts? how often does it hurt? how long does it last when it hurts? have you had any testing done?

Edited: 11/14/05 at 5:38 PM by chanieF

Bottom

bellyache
Junior Supporter

11/18/05 9:01 AM

hey chani....
well i get the stomach pains wen i eat or dont eat....the pain feels like if some1 put there hand into the back of my back n pulled my stomach like a sling shot back n forth....thats how it feels....it can last for hours and days.....

bellyache

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

11/20/05 12:49 AM

if you have had all the tests done and nothing showed up (tests such as upper and lower gI series, stool sample to rule out parasites etc) then try the IBS diet by Heather Van Vorous (there is a lot of info online+2 books). Even if it is not truely IBS, but you have IBS-like symptoms due to other conditions, this can still be a life saver.

if you are a female then your symptoms can be due to specific causes-so feel free to email me directly.

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

11/20/05 12:50 AM

about digestive enzymes:
they sell them usually in the vitamen section...they are to aid in the digestion of foods. obviously for an ucler you'd want to make sure that you buy ones without any acidic ingredients!

Bottom

sdschweitzer
Junior Supporter

7/16/06 10:25 PM

I used to suffer from duodinal ulcers (between the stomach and small intestine).

I have been medication free since I began to avoid the triggers, maintain a healthy diet and take probiotics.

-Dena

-------------------------
The four aspects of wellness, physical, financial, environmental and personal, are all interconnected and if any one of them is suffering, all the others will suffer. Therefore, if you can assist one of them to improve, all will improve.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Gastroenterology > Stomach Ulcers < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.