Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Senior relative with hallucinations
Created On 1/8/06 10:12 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

NEEDADVICE
Supporter

1/8/06 10:12 AM

I have a senior relative who is a Holocaust victim, who sees people coming in and out of her home, without having opened or closed doors and windows (hallucinating). She refuses to seek help and refuses to take any additional medication. She insists that her relatives don't care enough about her to rid her of her unwanted guests. What is there to do?

Bottom

shosh
Supporter

1/9/06 6:49 PM

If your loved one is having hallucinations she needs to be in a protective environment. She should also see the Dr. so the Dr. can prescribe medication for her.

Both of my parents had dementia when they passed away and years before so even though our situations may not be the same I can tell you what we did and actually what we were forced to do before adult protective services stepped in.

Shosh

Bottom

imm2
Junior Supporter

10/18/09 2:31 PM

I am new to this forum, I have an aunt who is a Holocaust/auschwitz survivor. she has had a very sad life. my cousin died at 39 of breast cancer. my aunt never gor over it. she has had bypass
surgery among other ailments. last year she began to show signs of confusion. since we don't live near each other, I see her only a few times a year. we do speak by phone often. a few months ago she began to complain people in her bedroom and many other symptoms. she has a close friend down the hall who is truly a saint. she has been taking care of her. lately things have gotten out of hand, in that she began to become angry and aggressive. she was hospitalized at North Shore, but, was sent home with no diagnosis. We are very concerned about her and have no idea how to help her. I would appreciate any help I can find. please e-mail me wityh any info. or advice.
marika

-------------------------
marika

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/18/11 11:28 PM
User is offline View users profile

best of luck!!!
(sorry, i dont really have an answer, just sending a hug over )

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Geriatric Medicine > Dementia < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.