Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Teenagers with Hodgkins
Created On 12/10/06 6:10 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

yiddishemama
Junior Supporter

12/10/06 6:10 AM

Hi,

Our teenage son is currently being treated for Hodgkins with ABVD treatment. B"H things are going well. What concerns us is the effect on his fertility. His Oncologist has said that he has a 10% chance of infertility. Does anyone know of a non-invasive, Halachacly okay proceedure to test his fertility in the future? We have obviously taken all necessary precautions in consultation with our Rav, however who will marry our child if we cannot prove that the chemo has not effected his fertility.

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

12/10/06 2:33 PM

You should really contact Rabbi Jackobowitz at ATIME & Rabbi Bochner from Bonei Olam..... they definately do a 'service' to preserve fertility in situations like this....

They are both very busy... but don't give up... Call them b4 its too late!!

Bottom

yiddishemama
Junior Supporter

12/12/06 7:26 AM

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood my question. We need to find out how his fertility has been effected, we have already taken necessary precautions.

Bottom

vieuwpoint
Junior Supporter

11/30/08 8:18 AM

i dont have an answer to your specific question, however i just wanted to let you know that my husband had Hodgkins as a young teenager and b"h we have two beautifull children. I remember my parents speaking to his doctors befor i met my husband and they told my parents that theres no reaon to think there will be a problem if the necessary precautions were taken. But it would be good to have it checked out to reassure yourselves. Hatzlocho rabo, and may you soon see lots of nachas of your son!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Lymphoma > Lymphoma < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.